“Look for it”

Meals From The Heart Cafe
Ranked #26 of 1,932 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: We are located at the Historic Farmers Market inside the Food Court. This is an open air-market. Although best known for our CrabCake Passion, we are vegan and celiac friendly. Delivery is available to the French Quarter, CBD and surrounding areas.
Hume, MO USA
“Look for it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a small area within the French Market. I was looking for it and stumbled onto it by accident. For those of us that have some food intolerances, this is the place to go! Simple, fresh and eye appealing food, and tasty!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank SharonHume_MOUSA

“Not a eating destination”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This place is ok. Crab cakes are not bad but a little skimpy on the portion. The Cale was placed on lettuce that was from the bag and not extra washed: this made me a trifle nervous. The gumbo was good with a bit of hot sauce. The venue is in the French Market which is fun but it can get hot. It's not a bad place for a snack if you are down that way--the price is more meal-like.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Elcl
St. Louis, MO
“Very Best Crab Cake Ever, I Mean ... Ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Lived in the east many years and have missed a true crab cake than is not, mostly, bread crumb filler. This tiny counter in the French Market is, absolutely, something you must find. It had one of the best crab cakes, ever. And, no, I am not trying to win the contest. Lol. Met someone who was vegan and he seeks out the place, every time, he comes to New Orleans. They told me they buy fresh crab and have their own recipe for the bread crumb topping. Yes, go, just go ... And, hopefully, enjoy. Oh, did you get an orange while you waited?

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank FamilyTraveler100_11
Guildford, United Kingdom
“All kinds of amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

So happy we made the decision to eat here. I ordered the crab cakes with poached egg, whilst my partner ate the fish tacos. Both dishes were amazing, and I truly can't understand the comments which suggest they lack flavour. Cooked to perfection, fresh ingredients and yummy sauces on the side which enhanced the dishes, but did nothing to overpower the original flavours.

Would definitely come here again. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Hw00083
Houston, Texas, United States
“Delicious crab cakes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the okra gumbo, which my sister said wasn't as good as our grandma's, the crab passion which is a salad with a crab cake on it, & the crab cake Po boy. The crab cakes are really good but I think the bread on the po boy hides the flavor of it, but the bread is very good too. I also had the vegan shake, which was pretty good also. I was disappointed its not a sit down restaurant, but more of a walk up counter in the French Market. Still, I'd recommend it to a friend.

• Visited August 2013