“Very Best Crab Cake Ever, I Mean ... Ever.”

Meals From The Heart Cafe
Ranked #15 of 1,975 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: We are located at the Historic Farmers Market inside the Food Court. This is an open air-market. Although best known for our CrabCake Passion, we are vegan and celiac friendly. Delivery is available to the French Quarter, CBD and surrounding areas.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Lived in the east many years and have missed a true crab cake than is not, mostly, bread crumb filler. This tiny counter in the French Market is, absolutely, something you must find. It had one of the best crab cakes, ever. And, no, I am not trying to win the contest. Lol. Met someone who was vegan and he seeks out the place, every time, he comes to New Orleans. They told me they buy fresh crab and have their own recipe for the bread crumb topping. Yes, go, just go ... And, hopefully, enjoy. Oh, did you get an orange while you waited?

3  Thank FamilyTraveler100_11
There are newer reviews for Meals From The Heart Cafe

Reviewed September 5, 2013

So happy we made the decision to eat here. I ordered the crab cakes with poached egg, whilst my partner ate the fish tacos. Both dishes were amazing, and I truly can't understand the comments which suggest they lack flavour. Cooked to perfection, fresh ingredients and yummy sauces on the side which enhanced the dishes, but did nothing to overpower the original flavours.

Would definitely come here again. Highly recommended.

4  Thank Hw00083
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the okra gumbo, which my sister said wasn't as good as our grandma's, the crab passion which is a salad with a crab cake on it, & the crab cake Po boy. The crab cakes are really good but I think the bread on the po boy hides the flavor of it, but the bread is very good too. I also had the vegan shake, which was pretty good also. I was disappointed its not a sit down restaurant, but more of a walk up counter in the French Market. Still, I'd recommend it to a friend.

2  Thank Ashlie F
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Finding vegetarian in the French Quarter is a challenge, and finding Meals from the Heart is a jewel. The owner is very knowledgable about healthy foods and prepared for us a special black bean pattie po-boy with fresh vegtables, both added to the sandwich and on the plate. All three of us found the food excellent! The organic ice tea was delicious and the small orange while we waited for our order was not only a healthy choice but refreshing for the warm weather. We definitely plan to return on our next trip to New Orleans.

2  Thank Steven S
Reviewed August 11, 2013

They have great crab cakes and a nice counter to sit and eat. Fresh dressings and great food and watch the tourists at the French market.

2  Thank Marie70116