“crabcakes are truly unique”

Meals From The Heart Cafe
Ranked #32 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: We are located at the Historic Farmers Market inside the Food Court. This is an open air-market. Although best known for our CrabCake Passion, we are vegan and celiac friendly. Delivery is available to the French Quarter, CBD and surrounding areas.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was a little disappointed of the size of the salad with the single crab cake (for $9), but when I took a bite of it, I realized it was a truly spectacular crab cake - mostly crab with just a tiny bit of a binder that had the most amazing spices. The lime vinaigrette was also very good on the salad. The best part of this place are the people that run it. They are very friendly and will sit and chat with you as you sit on the bar stools eating. It is a great place to go on your own, particularly if you are tired of the heavy foods.

1  Thank CC94

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My three daughters and I were at Meals from the Heart on September 7, 2012 and again on September 9th, both times for breakfast. We all loved it. Service and food were outstanding. I wish we were closer so we could vist more often. Three of us have celiacs disease and cannot eat gluten. Everyone was very helpful and really understood the problems with eating gluten by accident. Great place for great food! Thank you very much.

1  Thank Mary E
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Just what you need while wandering the streets (and French Market) of New Orleans! Great little snack bar - food cooked fresh to order (took a while!) but tasted great - caters for veggies & vegans, etc.

1  Thank Bobtdiver
Reviewed August 18, 2012

in quarter walking around in the market outside doing the tourist thing and you come up on a row of small booth type restaurants and this one blew us away awesome food and it was all very healthy vegetarian and vegan friendly no trans fat so defitentley will be back to get our healthy side on

1  Thank chefwhogoes
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have low expectations for sidewalk food, especially in New Orleans. Boy was Meals from the Heart and expectation buster. My son and I got stuck in the French Market during a deluge. Since we were waiting for the rain to stop and were hungry we checled out the food stands and decided to try the crab cake Po Boy at Meals from the Heart.

This food was great. The crab cakes were delicous with tons of crab. The remoluade sauce was fantastic also. Instead of fries they offered vegetables or potatoes on the grill. They were great also.

It took a while for the food to be prepared, but it was delicious. We picked some seats at a table away from the counter and the guy behind the counter said don't worry and he would bring the food to us. He brought us our food, we enjoyed it and he even came back over to be sure everything was OK.

As my 16 year old said, "This food was off the hook"

1  Thank Bob L