“Nice atmosphere & service...”

Pier 424 Seafood Market
Ranked #130 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Pier 424 is a unique Bourbon Street destination offering a wide selection of fresh, local seafood prepared daily in a market-style setting. Select from all the freshest fare-oysters, lobsters, boiled seafood and fresh fish-served in traditional dishes. Features include one of the largest oyster bars in the city and covered balcony for dining and enjoying the city’s world famous people watching.
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere & service...”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

...but food only "quite good". Called for lunch, had crab cakes (under seasoned), fish gumbo (very good, but was lacking a couple of slices of fresh-made bread as an accompaniment), and a NOLA punch cocktail. $35 including tip for waitress, probably $25-30 would have been a fair price.

Thomas B, General Manager at Pier 424 Seafood Market, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Cotton,
Thank you for the recent review on Tripadvisor. I have shared your comments with my management and staff and do hope you give us another opportunity during a future visit.

• Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Manila
“soggy seafood, but service was good”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

While walking around the French Quarter looking for a place to have dinner, we were attracted to the Pier 424 Seafood Market because it looked like a nice place. True enough, the inside was cozy and relaxing, with furniture made of dark wood and nice tablecloths and cutlery. We ordered the boiled shrimp and snow crab legs, but to our disappointment, the seafood was soggy (especially the shrimp) and overcooked, not firm at all. It was not worth the steep price of the meal considering the quality of the food. The service was very good, though, so the experience was not all bad.

• Visited June 2013
Cutie888
Thank you for the recent Tripadvisor review. Though I am pleased you enjoyed the service, I have shared your comments regarding the food with our chef. We do hope you give us another opportunity during a future visit to New Orleans.
Plainfield, Illinois
“Unusual and Delicious!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were walking Bourbon St and trying to decide where to eat. If you have been there you know there many options. Nothing was looking "right" to me and then we spotted Pier 424. The fresh fish in the cooler which you could see from the street called to us. So we decided to give it a try. What a fantastic menu to choose from. I am not a southern food lover so I figured this would be a challenge to find something. Our server was fantastic. She explained and recommended various dishes. I decided to give something a try which I could not say nor had any idea what it was really going to be. I tried their speciality dish of Shrimp and Maque Choux Grits. The word grits just kind of turned my taste buds away but I decided when in New Orleans try something out of my comfort zone. I am so glad I tried it. It was beyond delicious. It was a blend of shrimp, corn, grits and other ingredients I do not know. I could only make it through half of the serving. My husband had no problem finishing my meal plus ordered a side of the maque choux and tasso jus. It was a creamy sauce with corn in it. His meal was also excellent but I can not remember what it was. I was too engrossed with my meal!
Before we left New Orleans we decided to end our visit where we started it... back at Pier 424. We wanted lighter foods as it was time to travel. Again fantastic meals. We tried their Shrimp Remoulade and Spicy Crawfish Lettuce Wraps. Both were excellent! Being a northerner... who knew crawfish could make such a delicious wrap!
Prices were very reasonable and our servers were so friendly and efficient. They do not have out door seating that we saw but their front is wide open to the street.
Be sure to try it out when you are in New Orleans.

• Visited January 2014
Penny,
What a wonderful review. Thank you for the kind words on Tripadvisor. It appears we not only blew you away once, but twice and thats the reviews I love to see. I have shared your kind words with my management and staff and we again thank you and hope to see you more than once on a future visit to New Orleans.
Burlington, Canada
“Decent food”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We were looking for a place near where we were touring the French Quarter and we came across pier 424. The crab cakes were great, but my main dish was just ok. For some reason the door main door was open the whole time we ate, and it was near the freezing mark outside. Needless to say this dampened the experience of enjoying the meal!

Visited February 2014
Michelle
Thank you for the recent review on Tripadvisor. It seems we did only a so-so job during your recent visit and hope you give us another opportunity to wow you during a future trip to New Orleans. The open doors are usually what guests enjoy and expect in the French Quarter but it can get chilly even in New Orleans. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best meal I had in NOLA”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had some time to kill before a mid-day tour, so we ducked into Pier 424 not knowing what to expect. We sat down at the bar and ordered the charbroiled oysters. They were EXCELLENT. Just a little butter, garlic and parmesan cheese, and they tasted like heaven, particularly when washed down with an Abita Amber. Also, we got excellent, friendly, fast service from our bartender.

I'm no expert on NOLA cuisine, and we were only in town for a three-day weekend, but this simple meal was THE BEST we had in New Orleans.

• Visited October 2013
Lowmaintenance,
Wow, thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor. It sounds like we hit a home run. I have shared your comments with my management and staff and we do hope to see you on a future visit to New Orleans.
Pier 424 Seafood Market Restaurant

Been to Pier 424 Seafood Market? Share your experiences!