“Big Easy Meal!”

Ranked #139 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Pier 424 is a unique Bourbon Street destination offering a wide selection of fresh, local seafood prepared daily in a market-style setting. Select from all the freshest fare-oysters, lobsters, boiled seafood and fresh fish-served in traditional dishes. Features include one of the largest oyster bars in the city and covered balcony for dining and enjoying the city’s world famous people watching.
virginia
“Big Easy Meal!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place while walking through the French Quarter.

Great location in the heart of the action. I sat at the bar and was served by Steven, he was great.

Seafood gumbo and creole pasta were outstanding...will come here again!

1 Thank steel5rings
Thomas B, General Manager at Pier 424 Seafood Market, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Steel5rings
Thank you for the recent review on Tripadvisor and we are happy you stumbled in to our restaurant by accident. I will share your review with your bartender Steven and we thank you again for the kind words.

• Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled upon this place just walking Bourbon street looking for dinner. We LOVED it!! We ordered the Alligator for appetizer, it was so good! My husband had their excellent Bloody Mary to drink. He said it was the best he ever had. For main dish, I had the fresh Cobia filet topped with capers and crawfish. It was superb! Jimmy had the pecan crusted catfish. Oh my word, was it fantastic. To top it off we had pecan pie al a mode for dessert! The service was as excellent as the food was!! We loved it!!!

1 Thank Emily B
Emily
Thank you for stumbling upon us by accident and we are very pleased that you and your husband enjoyed fresh locally caught fish and we hope you stop by again during your next visit to New Orleans.
Western NY
“Shrimp & Grits - YUM!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Excellent service with a table overlooking the open windows to Bourbon Street. Practically sat on Bourbon Street while enjoying the best shrimp and grits ever. Don't miss it.

Jackiepaddy
Thank you for the great review of Pier 424 on Tripadvisor. Chef Jeremy's Shrimp and Grits has become our signature dish and we love hearing its praise. I have shared your review with him as well as his kitchen staff and we would love to have you join us again soon. Thank you again,
Zionsville, Pennsylvania
“Oh baby!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Sat at the end of the bar and had heavenly raw oysters shucked right in front of us. The oyster fellas made us feel so welcome and were very attentive and personable. One of them made a wonderful sauce in a little tiny cup just for us. Had Rockefeller also. Soooo good. Going back tonight for more. Neat place. Can't say anything about the rest of the menu, cause again, we were just hopping. But if you like oysters...don't miss this place!

MrsSoprano
Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor. We agree, our oyster shuckers are pretty great and we are glad you enjoyed your visit to the longest oyster bar on Bourbon. I will share your kind words with my staff and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Seafood Restaurant -- Very Good Service, Great Food!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

During several recent stays in the French Quarter, I have eaten lunch or mid-afternoon meals at this restaurant at least four times. Each time, even though I do not drink alcohol and I also have no desire to watch "sports TV", I have chosen to sit at the bar for my meal, rather than taking a seat at a table, simply because I wanted to be seated and served more quickly, and I wanted the more informal and casual atmosphere of sitting at the bar, which, at this restaurant, is a very long bar!

During each of my four visits to this restaurant, I have found the menu, food and service to be very good. The bar staff are quite attentive to customers, and the food is served quite quickly once it has been ordered.

I have ordered and eaten big juicy hamburgers, Cajun/Creole dishes, including gumbos and jambalayas, and also two of their Po-Boy sandwiches, and all were very good. I have also sat at the bar and eaten a large amount of raw oysters, and the oysters were large, fresh, and tasty.

I wil definitely return to this restaurant durng my next stay in the French Quarter!

• Visited July 2013
Vinny
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us so much to come back 4 times. I have shared your review with my staff and we look forward to seeing you again on multiple occasions next time you visit New Orleans.