“Good Seafood Restaurant -- Very Good Service, Great Food!”

Pier 424 Seafood Market
Ranked #137 of 1,955 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Pier 424 is a unique Bourbon Street destination offering a wide selection of fresh, local seafood prepared daily in a market-style setting. Select from all the freshest fare-oysters, lobsters, boiled seafood and fresh fish-served in traditional dishes. Features include one of the largest oyster bars in the city and covered balcony for dining and enjoying the city’s world famous people watching.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Seafood Restaurant -- Very Good Service, Great Food!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

During several recent stays in the French Quarter, I have eaten lunch or mid-afternoon meals at this restaurant at least four times. Each time, even though I do not drink alcohol and I also have no desire to watch "sports TV", I have chosen to sit at the bar for my meal, rather than taking a seat at a table, simply because I wanted to be seated and served more quickly, and I wanted the more informal and casual atmosphere of sitting at the bar, which, at this restaurant, is a very long bar!

During each of my four visits to this restaurant, I have found the menu, food and service to be very good. The bar staff are quite attentive to customers, and the food is served quite quickly once it has been ordered.

I have ordered and eaten big juicy hamburgers, Cajun/Creole dishes, including gumbos and jambalayas, and also two of their Po-Boy sandwiches, and all were very good. I have also sat at the bar and eaten a large amount of raw oysters, and the oysters were large, fresh, and tasty.

I wil definitely return to this restaurant durng my next stay in the French Quarter!

• Visited July 2013
Thomas B, General Manager at Pier 424 Seafood Market, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Vinny
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us so much to come back 4 times. I have shared your review with my staff and we look forward to seeing you again on multiple occasions next time you visit New Orleans.

• Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
“Great Find... Elegant Atmosphere... Casual Dining”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Found this little gem walking the streets of New Orleans. Slid up to the bar & started with fresh shucked oysters. Then pleased my pallet with turtle soup (with a touch of sherry), traditional red beans & rice with crawfish étouffée. Definitely making it one of my top sites when I revisit.

• Visited August 2013
Thomas B, General Manager at Pier 424 Seafood Market, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Ramber,
Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you found us during your recent visit. There are alot of choices in the French Quarter and we appreciate you choosing us. I will also share your comments with my chef and kitchen staff. We hope to see you again on your next visit to New Orleans.
Dallas, Texas
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were very pleased with our meal. I had the shrimp and maque choux grits and it was wonderful. My husband had the frog legs and he said they too were wonderful. The servings were good sizes - they didn't skimp. Would definitely go back.

Visited July 2013
Thomas B, General Manager at Pier 424 Seafood Market, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Purplemoon,
Thank you for your recent 5 star review on Tripadvisor. The Shrimp and Grits seems to be one of our most praised dishes. I have shared your comments with my Chef and staff and we look forward to your next visit.
Washington, DC
“Great find”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were in New Orleans for the first time. While on Bourbon st. We just happened to go into this restaurant. The food was delicious and was not expensive. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
Linda
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you happened to find us on your first trip to our city. We hope to see you again on your next visit.
Tampa, Florida
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My boyfriend wanted a good shrimp salad so when we saw it on the menu, we stopped. I ordered a chicken dish and was very pleased. The food was excellent and the wait staff was extremely friendly and attentive. I loved the atmosphere-quiet and laid back.

• Visited September 2013
BFriday
Thank you for the great 5 star review on Tripadvisor. Im so glad we did not disappoint. I have shared your comments with my staff and we look forward to your next visit to New Orleans.