“Yummy!!”

Ranked #281 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Pier 424 is a unique Bourbon Street destination offering a wide selection of fresh, local seafood prepared daily in a market-style setting. Select from all the freshest fare-oysters, lobsters, boiled seafood and fresh fish-served in traditional dishes. Features include one of the largest oyster bars in the city and covered balcony for dining and enjoying the city’s world famous people watching.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent food....stopped in for lunch. The crabcakes were excellent!! My husband got a gumbo soup...he loved it!! The best was the dessert....smores breadpudding!!!.....delicious!!
Our waitress was Monika.....she was awesome. Can't wait to go back to that crazy city and visit this restaurant....

Thomas B, General Manager at Pier 424 Seafood Market, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Trina,
Thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor. Believe it or not, this is not the first, second or even third great review for Monika. We are so glad you found us on your recent visit and hope you do make it back to New Orleans soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I am just returning to New Orleans after several years away. I am very happy to have found 424. Not the typical Bourbon St in and out overpriced over spiced fare. Full bar extensive wine list and lots of tap choices. Staff, especially Barbara, were friendly and knowledgable. 424 is now on my regular visit spots.

Thomas B, General Manager at Pier 424 Seafood Market, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Ken,
We are so glad you found Pier 424 since returning to our great city, and even happier that we have now made you a regular. In case you didnt know, we offer a discount to the locals so be sure and let us know next time you're in so we can personally meet you and give you the discount. Thank you also for the great words about Barbara and I will make sure I pass that along to her as well.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Alligator Po Boy and Chargrilled Oysters to name a few dishes that are excellent here. Service was great. Street view seating was excellent. Nice menu.

Sara,
Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed the charbroiled oysters and the alligator po-boy. We hope you stop by again next time you are in town.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great service, Excellent crawfish lettuce wraps! Also liked the oysters & gumbo. Monika (our waitress) was the best!

Beth
Thank you for sharing your great experience at Pier 424 Seafood Market Restaurant during your trip to New Orleans. I will also ensure that I pass the praise on to Monika as well. Thank you again and we hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had had a long day and did not want to walk any further than we had to. We decided on this restaurant based on the menu posted outside. It was clean and nicely decorated. We also had a very friendly and knowledgable waitress. She was able to answer any questions we had. The food was not bad, just not fantastic. I heard the oysters here were really good, but I cannot attest to that as we do not eat those. I am not sure if I would ever eat here again.

Been to Pier 424 Seafood Market? Share your experiences!