“The Whole Experience”

Ranked #135 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Royal House is a French Quarter oyster bar and seafood restaurant with a classic New Orleans atmosphere and menu featuring fresh-air dining and local seafood dishes. From fresh-shucked to charbroiled and Rockefeller to Royale, you’re sure to find your new favorite oyster dish here. While enjoying a dozen at the bar or a cool cocktail on the balcony, you can usually catch a street performance from a jazz musician, an experience unique to New Orleans. Whether you’re a traveler to our great city or a New Orleans native, we’ve got the perfect place for you at our restaurant and oyster bar. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The atmosphere was beautiful. They seated us on the 2nd floor close to the deck, all windows/doors open to the deck, beautiful view of the surrounding area. We had a coupon for a free appetizer - and we got the Fried Alligator, which was delicious without dipping in anything. I ordered the Taste of New Orleans (gumbo, jambalaya & étouffée), my husband ordered the Blackened Shrimp over jambalaya. Everything was wonderful. Service was great too. The highlight was when my husband leaned over and whispered, "If you look over your left shoulder, Dog the Bounty Hunter is sitting behind you." Ha! Hilarious.
I would definitely go again.

1  Thank Kim C
RoyalHouseGM, General Manager at Royal House, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you Kim for this wonderful feedback. I am happy you enjoyed our food and service. It is just a bonus for us to have Dog the Bounty Hunter right behind you :) Please join us again on your next visit!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,131)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went on a ghost walk and got hungry so we stopped here afterward.
The day happened to be my husband's birthday and also the last night we were in New Orleans, so it was a double celebration. I got the taste of New Orleans and he got the etouffee. Both were awesome and we were very satisfied.
For dessert we got the bread pudding which was fabulous- sweet and yummy. They put a candle in for his birthday and the whole restaurant sang Happy Birthday. Would recommend to anyone to come here!

2  Thank nellevets
RoyalHouseGM, General Manager at Royal House, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

First of all, I would like to say very happy belated birthday to your husband. I am glad you decided to come dine with us and enjoyed every aspect of your meal. Thank you for these kind words, and I hope to see you and your husband again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

A late review but a good one!
Ate here back in Easter, last meal of trip over from England!

Had the Oyster Duo to start and it was fantastic especially the Oysters Royale, very tasty nicely seasoned thoroughly enjoyable.
Wife went for the classic Crawfish Etouffee for her entree while I went for the Taste Of New Orleans sampler. Both dishes were superb, great flavours and a very reasonable portion size.

Had a couple of cocktails to accompany the meal, Hurricane was strong, but good one! and a Bloody Mary which was recommended by our waiter, very nice also.
An honourable mention must go to our waiter, a softly spoken lad whose name I think was Jonathan(?) very attentive but not too intrusive.
Overall an excellent meal with great service which was a highlight of out trip!

1  Thank Mr_Howen

Thank you so much for these wonderful comments about our food and staff. I am happy you decided to write this review on us, even though it was has been a long time. We appreciate all of our guests that do share their comments with us. We hope to see you on your next visit to New Orleans!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Chargrilled Oysters - THE reason to visit this restaurant. They are beyond amazing. The rest of the menu was also very good. I ate there twice in 2 days and cant wait to go back!!!

Thank you for these wonderful comments. I am thrilled you decided to join us in twice. We can't wait for you to come back too!!!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wanted to visit the ACME Oyster House but the lines were insane, so I walked around instead. I found this place and the oysters were great! Quick service and though the staff behind the bar could stand to be a bit more professional, they were friendly and responsive. I would recommend this place over the ACME Oyster House.

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I am glad you decided to walk around, which you came upon us, and loved our oysters. Thank you for the comments on our staff in which I will look into. I hope to see you on your next visit!!!

Been to Royal House? Share your experiences!