“Fun restaurant and great food”
Review of Royal House

Royal House
Ranked #155 of 1,947 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Royal House is a French Quarter oyster bar and seafood restaurant with a classic New Orleans atmosphere and menu featuring fresh-air dining and local seafood dishes. From fresh-shucked to charbroiled and Rockefeller to Royale, you’re sure to find your new favorite oyster dish here. While enjoying a dozen at the bar or a cool cocktail on the balcony, you can usually catch a street performance from a jazz musician, an experience unique to New Orleans. Whether you’re a traveler to our great city or a New Orleans native, we’ve got the perfect place for you at our restaurant and oyster bar. We hope to see you soon!
mcallen
“Fun restaurant and great food”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We went here one night in new Orleans around new years and were all pleasantly surprised at the great food and service. When you aren't sure where to go and just by walking find a place like this you feel lucky, which we were. We enjoyed it so much that we went back a few nights later. Great oysters of course and everything we ordered was really yummy. We ordered crab claws also alligator and snow crab legs.The waitresses were also fun, so I would recommend this place for sure

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good oysters”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Been a couple times, the charbroiled oysters will make you fall in love with oysters even if you've always hated them, trust me! The host at the door is always pretty good at getting us a place to sit and eat,very nice,the actual servers/waiters are not that great. The food is ok,well their gumbo I didn't care for,and I love gumbo, I had a fresh salad that was not so fresh but the manager brought me out a fresher one and took it off my tab(that's good service) overall the oysters is what kept me going back,they are freaking amazing,I guess with it being an oyster place I can't really expect them to be the best at other foods but they definitely perfected the oysters

Little Rock, AR
“Our new favorite in NOLA!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We discovered RHOB during our most recent trip to NOLA and fell in love with it! The best catfish we have ever had!! The salad was great as well! If the weather is nice, be sure to sit outside on the balcony. Maybe you'll get lucky like us and be able to listen to and watch one of the street musician groups while you dine. We loved it so much we ate there twice on this trip - don't miss it! Try to avoid peak times such as straight up noon and prime dinner times to avoid waiting in line.

• Visited February 2013
Athens
“Nice French Quarter Experience”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Good, filling southern style food at reasonable prices. Unassuming atmopshere yet comfortable. Oysters practiaclly any way you want. I tried the seafood gumbo, jambalaya and etouffe--all were good My wife had the seafood pasta which was excellent.

• Visited February 2013
navarre fl
“Been many times always good”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Okay, Dracos forget it, these charbroiled oysters do not need to be covered in bread to taste good, and the Hurricanes here actually have fruit juice in them not powered drink mix(pat o's) Try it its consistant, main issue I have is its a bit pricey on some items.

Visited February 2013