“Good oysters, good service and right on a parade route”
Review of Royal House

Royal House
Ranked #124 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Royal House is a French Quarter oyster bar and seafood restaurant with a classic New Orleans atmosphere and menu featuring fresh-air dining and local seafood dishes. From fresh-shucked to charbroiled and Rockefeller to Royale, you’re sure to find your new favorite oyster dish here. While enjoying a dozen at the bar or a cool cocktail on the balcony, you can usually catch a street performance from a jazz musician, an experience unique to New Orleans. Whether you’re a traveler to our great city or a New Orleans native, we’ve got the perfect place for you at our restaurant and oyster bar. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had a late lunch here on a Friday afternoon. The oyster shucker was a little slow but the quality of the oysters was excellent. Fresh, plump and flavorful. Also had a shrimp Po-Boy that was really well done. Fresh crispy shrimp with crusty bread lettuce, tomato and mayo. Simple and tasty! My friend had the peel and eat shrimp. The shrimp were fresh and cooked just right. We both thought they could have been more seasoned, but we like them spicy!

Robert our server was a local and he was lots of fun. He provided good service and some fun stories. We finished lunch just as the Crewe of Cork parade was starting out front. Perfect timing!

We visited Acme Oyster House that night and I have to say Royal was better!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,190)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stopped in for late lunch.. Had Oysters on half shell. Very good. Best bloody Mary's we have had all week. Service was good.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I live in South Louisiana, aka Cajun country, and I know what good seafood is supposed to taste like and the seafood here is the REAL DEAL! Raw oysters were delicious and the oyster BLT-O was fantastic, oysters were fried and seasoned to perfection. The mahi dish was also GREAT! The staff was just as impressive as the food-friendly, knowledgable, and fast. There are lots of places in NOLA to eat, from dives to palaces, the Royal House fits somewhere in between but on top of the list as far as food, atmosphere, and service. It is a MUST and our new favorite spot.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Love, love, love the grilled oysters. The best grilled oysters, french bread and their bloody mary for sitting at the bar. Fantastic service and food. Its always on the rotation.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I ate here twice. The first time, I wandered in to get oysters and had a seat in the dining room by the window...the food was perfect. The oysters were so big and fresh, I was really glad I stopped in here...the wine was good too. So that was nice.

Then i went back 2 days later, and got oysters again and a fried oyster po' boy. And a great local beer. It was a perfect meal, although I took most of the sandwich home! I was talking with Thomas, who works there, and he was soooooooo nice and informative about New Orleans, and I loved talking with him...

You can sit at the bar and get oysters too, which I would have done if I went a third time! This place is relaxing and has a great view of the wrought iron on Royal street out of the entrance windows. Love it!

Been to Royal House? Share your experiences!