“Thank you for your creativity!!!”

Jamie Hayes Gallery
Ranked #21 of 383 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Jamie Hayes has had a gallery in the French Quarter for nearly 20 years. Jamie has a very unique and recognizable style that is whimsical and colorful. In addition to selling originals and prints, we also sell Jamie's designs on T-Shirts, tote bags, and aprons; all of which we print ourselves in New Orleans. We also carry a line of dolls that Jamie designs which are extremely popular.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am a true Nawlins' Yat and every time I go to the French Quarter I visit Jamie's shop. Today, Sunday, May 19 I visited Jamie and his shop with a friend from Austin. He has a CD of songs he wrote and it is a GREAT CD. So Nawlins! Yippee!!! Beyond being a Nawlins Yat, I am also a Music Therapist & love the spirit that Jamie brings to this still healing city with his music and art. Thank you Jamie for your creativity. You have brought much joy to the city of New Orleans and to me.
Tanya

jamiehayesagallery, Owner at Jamie Hayes Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

THANK YOU!! It means so much when people like you take the time to write such a nice review and I REALLY appreciate the kind words and compliments.
Thanks again,

in 10 reviews
"collection"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stopped in the Jamie Hayes Gallery, loved the artwork, picked up some wonderful souvenir artwork, and had a great conversation with Jamie himself as he autographed our purchases.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Store front caught my eye when I was going by, I stopped in to check everything out before a tour, but I knew there were thing that I wanted so I went back the next day. Full of neat art, I picked my wife something up there that she loved.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a fun place that my friends and I just came upon in the French Quarter. The dolls and trinkets and jewelry are one-of-a-kinds and fun. Jamie was actually there the day we arrived and he signed some of our items. Great for souvenirs!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 25, 2013

As I was walking into the gallery with a few friends, one friend asked if I'd read "A Confederacy of Dunces" and was shocked I had not. As I was browsing Jamie's fine art I came across a copy of that exact book, not for sale, just sitting there. Quite the coincidence, but not the best part. I asked someone who looked like he worked there about the book. He said it wasn't for sale because it was his book. I told him about the coincidence, and then he said that I could have it for free! That person happened to be Jamie Hayes. I talked to him for a while about the book and his great art. All of my friends left with a piece of Jamie's art and I left with a great new book. It was a fantastic experience! Not only is Jamie Hayes a great New Orleans artist, but a really kind and generous person.