“A locals favorite”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I am not a local although I do visit NO quit often. As everyone knows, if you are from out of town and want a recommendation on good food... Ask a local!!! That is how we found the Verti Marte!!!! A little convenience store tucked away beyond all the hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street. Go to the back and check out all of the food choices on the blackboard! There are many!! I always get the shrimp po-boy. Oh... Not too far of a walk from the French Market!! Just look for the green and white sign!!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

If you've been there, you know what I'm talking about. Walk through the front of the store--crowded with chips, beer, baking supplies, everything a city dweller needs on short notice--to the counter in the back. Note the enormous list of sandwiches, calligraphy on a chalkboard. Marvel at the green beans and other sides in the display counter. Pick your sandwich; if they don't have your first choice, pick another. Take it home and eat well. For at least two meals (sandwiches are HUGE). Definitely try the onion rings. And the green beans.
As a local told us: "Nobody on that end of the Quarter cooks; they all order from Verti Marte." If you've ever lived in NYC, you'll feel at home here.
Open 24 hours, by the way. And if you choose delivery, note that they'll deliver anything they sell. So if you need toothpaste or the Times-Picayune, add that to your sandwich order.

2  Thank NatureGoddess
Reviewed October 1, 2012

THE BEST FOOD!!!! Shrimp po boy, oyster po boy, the NO jazz sandwich was the best I ever had. Delivered in about 30 min.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I have been here the past two times we were in New Orleans. The first time I got a mulfaletta that was delicious. The second time I got an All That Jazz sandwich that was outstanding. The menu here is huge. There is something for every type of appetite. And you really can't beat the prices and the portion sizes. I'm so glad that we discovered this local gem. It will be on our "to do" list every time we are in the French Quarter! Thank you Verti Marte!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Looks like just a market so you would never know about the food in the back. Recommended by a local. They have two small tables where you can stand to eat, but it is more of a carryout place. Ernie's Powerhouse (with roast beef, shrimp, bacon, cheese and olive spread) was excellent. Ate half and saved half - there was that much. My wife said the chicken noodle soup, while not your typical chicken noodle, was delicious and would have order the larger size had she known it was going to be that good. A hidden local gem. The lasagna in the case looked awesome...thinking of going back this trip.