“What happened to the brussels sprouts at lunch ???”

The Fountain Lounge
Ranked #363 of 2,104 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Common
Transit: One Block off the St. Charles Streetcar line at Carondelet & Canal
Description: Inspired by the history and vibrancy of the legendary bar just steps away, the Sazerac Restaurant brings a unique flavor to The Roosevelt’s legacy of fine dining. Signature creations delight the palate while the warm ambiance offers the perfect setting for any occasion.
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I used to love the Bussels Sprouts at the fountain lounge for lunch. What happened??? Why are they only on the dinner menu now ?? Please bring them backl :-(

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Chances are, if you stayed at The Roosevelt Hotel you've eaten at the Fountain Lounge. And if you have, you know the truth in what follows - in a town of great food and great restaurants, The Fountain Lounge in The Roosevelt competes among the best of the bunch. If you've never tried The Fountain Lounge at The Roosevelt, chances are you've told yourself "in a town of great food and great restaurants, I don't want to just go eat at hotel cafe." If you've told yourself this, you aren't alone -- I thought the same thing the first time I walked into The Fountain Lounge. I'm a foodie, and I know that most eateries in hotel interiors are only there to provide weary travelers with a quick, convenient meal without particular emphasis on quality. I couldn't have been more wrong when it came to The Fountain Lounge. This is New Orleans fare at its finest, cooked by well-trained New Orleans chefs who understand flavor. This place is virtually always open - breakfast, brunch on weekends, lunch and dinner and the menus are varied. I've had breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner at The Fountain Lounge and I've enjoyed diverse food experiences each time I've visited. You literally can't go wrong. I was there for lunch today for their "Pick 3" (a selection of small tasting plates) and I had the Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad, the Crawfish Bread and the Curried Chicken Lettuce Wraps. The entire meal was perfect! My personal favorite thing at The Fountain Lounge is a small breakfast plate -- the bruleed grapefruit with creole cream cheese. I order two of them for breakfast every time I stay at The Roosevelt. I also love their goat cheese salads for lunch. And the Monday night fried chicken is not to be missed. The service here is average at best, but the quality of the food makes up for it.

Look, I know that you're going to want to go out and about and experience the New Orleans food scene when you're in town. And you should. But don't turn your nose up at The Fountain Lounge if you happen to be around The Roosevelt. You'll miss out on one of the best meals you'll have in New Orleans - guaranteed.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

I had the BLT sandwich and the sweet potato hash--which was best ever and I'm not a huge fan of sweet potatoes.

The service was friendly and professional and the bloody mary was soo spicy that my husband loved it sooo much.

The price of breakfast in this restaurant was QUITE reasonable--I was worried being inside the Waldorf Astoria hotel but it was great.

Thanks for the nice touch on the beignet.

Reviewed April 7, 2018

Roosevelt Hotel provides many amenities, least of which is a classy breakfast menu and service at The Fountain Lounge. If you stay in the hotel, you will not be disappointed with the service or food.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

I stayed at the hotel for a conference. I went here for breakfast the first moning. There were 3 tables being used..one was a couple already eating, and another solo person waiting for his meal. I had been informed that the breakfast bar was included as part of my HHonors "Gold" status. At 0635, no breakfast bar was set up, but the waitress told me it would just be a few minutes. She brought me coffee, and that was the last time I saw here. After 25 minutes, the restaurant had just about filled up. I decided just to order something, as I had a conference to attend. I stopped a different waitress (I never saw mine again) and ordered avocado toast. I watched her leave me and go to what I suppose were her assigned tables, get them coffee, and take their orders. I had a feeling she was punishing me for ordering something from a table to which she wasn't assigned. After 44 total minutes of only having a cup of coffee brought to me, and with the restaurant now completely full, and fully aware that i wasn't going to get any breakfast anytime soon, I left. They were setting up the breakfast bar as I was leaving.