“Excellent but overprice”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Corner of Camp and Common
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Excellent food , but expensive when compared to other places in New Orleans, the service was adequate , our serveur didn't seem to happy and not too interested especially when we ordered the wine by the glass...not a professional...

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I went here with director and staff of the organization I was helping with their conference. I ordered a bowl of Gumbo and Red Snapper. Both were excellent. The Red Snapper had a cream sauce with Crab over it. The fish was so good, I don't even remember what came with it, but I cleaned my plate. The place is quite expensive, but if that's what you are looking for I highly recommend this place. The service was top notch and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went to Le Foret to celebrate our daughter's v-ball tournament win and our last night in town. The restauarnt is small but has a nice active bar. While waiting for our daughter we chatted with a delightful local who thanked us for coming to their beloved city, which I found very touching. Since we wanted to visit, and the main dining room was very lively and thus noisy, we asked if we might eat in the bar near the wine room.The y were very accomodating and gave us a lovely table where we could talk and enjoy the fabulous food! the food is what i would call French southern fusion and we had several lovely dishes combining fresh ingredients with a touCh of the south. BBQ shrimp over fried grits and a wonderful quail dish.
I know we will be returning!

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We visited Le Foret for dinner with another couple. The maitre d Danny, who has been recognized as the best in NOLA is worthy of that recognition. He was fabulous. Our waiter Michael was excellent. We all chose the chef's five course tasting for $60 and it was worth every penny. From the salad with the best fried oysters I have ever eaten to the mushroom soup with crackers shaped like a rabbit with rabbit foie gras to the summer squash risotto to the fillet of beef with potato cups stuffed with lobster on the side and with the meal finished with creme brulee it was truly an enchanting culinary experience. This is a must for New Orleans fine dining customers. Bravo to the chef, to Danny for making this a very special evening for us and to Michael for wonderful service.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Housed in a handsome old building just a block off Canal Street (and very near the French Quarter), Le Foret offers a wonderful oasis of tranquility, exceptional service that was both professional and friendly, a short but enticing menu, and absolutely delicious food including several delectable langniappe both before and after our meal. Our dinner was one that we thoroughly enjoy at the time and savored again on reflection.

Despite the deserved accolades, the restaurant was not full on a Thursday evening. We hope we will be able to get reservations the next time we are in New Orleans.