“Thomas was the best!”

and up
Ghost and Vampire Walking Tour Of The French Quarter
Ranked #25 of 219 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Not Just your Ordinary Cheap Thrill! Fun French Quarter Walking tours led by Master Story tellers. Choose from Ghost & Vampire, True Crime, St. Louis #1 Cemetery or Tour Treme', Who knew history could be so much fun? As an added bonus our Saints and Sinners Tour and Ghost & Vampire Tour guests get Buy One Get One Free Hurricane drinks the hour prior to each tour! All tours are about one hour forty five minutes, walking distance is just under one mile. Bring your camera (and your friends), wear comfortable shoes, and be prepared to have fun! Established in 2006. Locally owned and operated. We love entertaining you and it shows!
Canton, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thomas was the best!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We took a for with our guide, Thomas. He was engaging and entertaining, but extremely knowledgeable about the city and it's phantoms

1 Thank Evan B

• Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fun Phantom Tour”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

This two hour tour takes you to some of the most well known spots of NOLA! This is a walking tour but you only walk about a mile the entire time! It begins at Flanagan's Pub where you get two for one hurricanes that you are allowed to bring on the tour with you. The tour will take you to some of the most well known haunted houses and areas of New Orleans, educating you along the way of the tales of ghosts and vampires present in the city. One of the most famous hot spots is the LaLaurie Mansion. Come see for yourself why this tour has such great ratings! Every experience is different but we walked away from the tour learning a great deal about the history of the city and getting a little spooked along the way.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Jamie S
Niagara Falls, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Fun and Informative”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Pros
- meets at Flannagans Pub which is a mellow, old history pub
- tour guide, Thomas, was a great storyteller - very animated and knowledgable
- the walk around the French quarter was lovely at 8pm. It's not too far but large enough to get a good feel if the FQ

Cons
- it's very hot in mid August
- tour isn't all ghost stories (not many at all) but a mix of crime and murder stories, some ghost stories and a few landmarks of vampire stories (Anne Rice) and tv shows (American Horror Story)

1 Thank Romyn-Michaud
Big Pine Key, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phantom Ghost Tour”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Went on a ghost tour 8/11/2014 at 6:00 PM.. Luke was our tour guide and he was very informative and entertaining. It was about 1 1/2 hours and the time went by quickly. We went to various homes with a comfortably small group listening to story after story with a well timed thunderstorm going on. It was a great way to start our vacation in the French Quarter! We highly recommend Luke as your guide. He is an excellent storyteller mixed with well placed humor.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Melsie600
Perth, Australia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“My first 1 star... such a let down :(”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Note: *Well I have never given below 3 stars and I believe I am an optimistic and fair reviewer.. if things go badly but it wasn't the fault of the company.. then I won't take stars off however if the company really isn't providing what I think is worth the money then that's where I reduce the stars.*

My wife and I were really excited to do a tour with a company with such great reviews. We aren't ghost tour aficionados or have some huge expectation but what we were expecting was:
- some gruesome and/or scary stories that we could tell some friends
- Some spooky places to walk past that made us think twice about going there with no lights or crowds..
- we were NOT expecting fake ghosts, costumes or people jumping out at us, which seems to be a correct expectation from this place.

We had a guide named Sam, who seems really cool, is a historian so we were expecting some cool history stories and interesting facts not just based around fake stories.
Sam did a great start at the pub and really tried to get the group into it. Considering he was dealing with a bunch of people who were probably more than half drunk I think he did a good job... however this is where I granted the one star the tour got..

From here we walked a bit and talked a bit... more about history stuff nothing to do with ghosts or vampires...or scary, more like "this is a museum, you totally have to go here" which isnt helpful... I already did a walking tour from another company, I know about the main museums and restaurants and where to get a coffee... but I got told this all over again.

We heard.. perhaps 2 stories in the first 30-45 minutes about someone that died.. not even that tragically then we got a bunch of stores (WAY TOO MANY) about people that have seen orbs and lights and ghosts... It's like the tour was based on telling stories about people that have seen ghosts.. but not the actual cause of the ghosts or maybe some suspense.

Sadly after 50 minutes I asked my wife if she was enjoying it and I saw the look on her face - the same feeling that was in my brain - I'm bored... I'm not intrigued... I'm not scared.. and I'm really not even caring right now.
So we left.
We are AVID travellers. We are interested in culture, history, drinking, fun, museums, cooking, EVERYTHING and this is the first tour we have ever left EVER before the end. We don't take that fact lightly.

Anyway.. that's about it. Long story for a 1 star review but I feel I owe it to people on here as well as the company to be fair and write as much as I could about why I think it deserved only one star.

I have since googled scary ghosts and horror stories in New Orleans, got the addresses and have made my own guided tour that I'm taking my wife on tonight.. and I think it is going to be fun.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Gangel_77
Cindi R, Owner at French Quarter Phantoms, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for the review of your tour. We appreciate customer feedback and use your comments to improve our customer experience. In your review you state " we were NOT expecting fake ghosts, costumes or people jumping out at us, which seems to be a correct expectation from this place."
We do have a tour guide named Sam, however, none of our guides dress in costume, we do not have anything jumping out at you, nor do we have "fake ghosts". Our tour consists of historically accurate tales of Hauntings and Vampire lore. So I am not really sure your tour was with us? Perhaps you had a Sam with a different company as several of our competitors do dress in costume and try to fool their guests into "OH look, did you see that? It was a ghost" - not us.
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your tour whichever company you went with. Guests experience affects the perception of all ghost tour companies. I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your New Orleans visit.
100% Everyday,