“Great Time!”

and up
Ghost and Vampire Walking Tour Of The French Quarter
Ranked #19 of 232 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Not Just your Ordinary Cheap Thrill! Fun French Quarter Walking tours led by Master Story tellers. Choose from Ghost & Vampire, Garden District, St. Louis #1 Cemetery, Music of New Orleans, Saints & Sinners or Tour Treme', Who knew history could be so much fun? As an added bonus our Saints and Sinners Tour and Ghost & Vampire Tour guests get Buy One Get One Free Hurricane drinks the hour prior to each tour! All tours are about one hour forty five minutes, walking distance is just under one mile. Bring your camera (and your friends), wear comfortable shoes, and be prepared to have fun! Established in 2006. Locally owned and operated. We love entertaining you and it shows!
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had been to New Orleans a couple times and wanted to do something a little different then we had before. We really enjoyed the Ghost/Vampire tour. Like some of the reviews said, it isn't really a scary ghost tour, and our guide gave us more of a history of the French Quarter full of historical fact and a little folklore! I believe our guide's name was Luke and he was very entertaining. Oh, and the 1/2 price Hurricanes at the Bar prior to leaving for the tour are very delicious!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,579)

Reviewed March 25, 2013

It started out okay, but rapidly deteriorated. Trevor tried too hard to be funny and was offensive to some. I wanted a cemetery tour and instead, got a civil rights lesson. I would have had no problem with that if it had been 15 minutes or so, but 1 1/2 hours was too much. I expected the cemetery tour to take place in the cemetery, but most of it was not. Once in the cemetery,he still continued droning on and on about the people he thought were important-- including the jazz guy who died and how he wants to be a dirty old man like him. He seemed very irreverent about most religions and that's okay, But I found it to be disrespectful to Marie Laveau and pretty much anyone that wasn't Mr. Plessy.

2  Thank Gail F
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on the 8pm Ghost Tour with Hope. She was a fabulous guide - she knew the city very well and was even able to answer many questions unrelated to the theme of the tour. The stories she told were very interesting and she made the tour enjoyable. However, they weren't really "ghost stories" like you would expect on a "ghost tour". They were more stories of terrible things that happened throughout the history of New Orleans. The price was cheaper than other tours ($16 for students), but I would have like to hear true ghost stories rather than simply stories about murders and torture. We only saw 3 places that are supposedly haunted - the other places were simply of historical interest.

Before and during the tour, Flanagan's Pub (where the tour meets) offers 2 for 1 hurricanes. The hurricanes are $12 each (so, two for $12 with the tour) and are smaller than the ones they serve on Bourbon Street for $7.50. The tour doubles back to the bar halfway through so you can use the restroom and spend more money on drinks.

Cindi R, Owner at French Quarter Phantoms, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for the review. We strive to provide a fun experience for our guests. I will make sure that the guides are being clear about the haunting at each of the locations where stories are told. Your feedback is important to us and helps us stay New Orleans #1 Ghost Tour.
Flanagan's Pub does offer Buy One Get One Free Hurricanes to our tour guests. These are two separate companies so comments for the Pub should go on their TripAdvisor page. However, I would like to note; French Quarter Phantoms has 10 tour guides, only two of them return to Flanagan's for the midway break. Everyone does take a midway break for restrooms which is much appreciated by most of our patrons. These breaks are taken at a variety of places depending on the route your guide takes for storytelling. Flanagan's does offer FREE ice water available on a table near the box office to all of our guests and unlike most French Quarter businesses has NO purchase requirement to use the restrooms. This is also a mostly locals bar, a little off the beaten path therefore their other drinks and beer are priced well below Bourbon Street bars. I will pass along your comments to their management.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Guide was trying way too hard to be funny. Repeated gory details over and over trying to be scary. It was all very forced. I highly recommend taking general history tours instead- you will still get all the hunted stories but with more content to the tour. You don't get spooked enough on the ghost tours to justify missing out on the rest of the city's stories

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our guide was Robert (I believe that was his name)... He WAS EXCELLENT!!! Great story teller. We did the French Quarter Phantom Tour. It was a walking tour, at night, in February (2013). Weather was a little wet and cool. We had to leave the tour ONCE to find a bathroom, but caught up easily, (and he stopped shortly afterward for a break.... we just didn't know it was coming!) Still, one of the greatest things we did in NOLA... (especially, since I've seen a few of these documentaries...which made it even spookier!) DON'T MISS IT!!