“Very good but could be better”
Review of Domenica

Domenica
Reserve with OpenTable
Domenica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 2,157 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Warehouse/Central Business District
Cross street: Canal Street
Description: Domenica is a contemporary and inviting Italian restaurant that creates regional Italian dishes with southern and middle eastern influences. The cuisine combines Chef Alon Shaya's Israeli heritage and love of local ingredients with a menu that reflects his time spent cooking and living in the small towns of northern Italy.
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I came here for a late lunch. Too bad it wasn’t after 2pm when they have happy hour 1/2 price pizzas which is an awesome deal. Our waitress forgot about the focaccia bread but she was super sweet and attentive otherwise. I ordered the brussel sprout and kale salad which was super tasty but I wanted some protein so asked to have shrimp added. $8 for what equates to 1.5 shrimp was soooo disappointing (see photo) and was the only let down of the meal! Don’t bother adding on a protein to your salad - not worth it. My husband really loved his pizza which had a nice chewy crust and delicious sauce. Would recommend this place but if I were to return, I would try to go during their happy hour.

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Every time I frequent Domenica the food has always been top quality. The delicious pizza choices as well as the charcuterie board are my personal favorites.

Date of visit: July 2018
Shannon W, Owner at Domenica, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Hi Margo-
Thank you so much for the "Wonderful" review. We value our costumers here at Domenica and hope you will come see us soon.
2pm-6pm is Happy Hour 7 days a week.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I stopped in for lunch at one of my favorite places to eat here in Nola. Rosemary ham Panini with salad was excellent. Stop by for a late lunch and have a nice leisurely bite to eat while it’s hot outside. Highly recommended.

Shannon W, Owner at Domenica, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Hi Oldduffer76- Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on us here at Domenica. We appreciate the complements!
Come see us soon. Gratzi!

Reviewed August 5, 2018

I wasn't sure what to expect but it is very good. The mustard green salad is excellent. The pizzas are super thin and flavorful, really nice. The mediocre dish was the burrata, which is on some toasted foccacia, which unfortunately came out toasted but already cold.

Shannon W, Owner at Domenica, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Hi David P -
Thank you SO much for your review. We do hope you come back and see us. We value costumers like yourself and appreciate your honesty. Gratzi!

Reviewed August 5, 2018

This place was so good. My husband and I went to eat here and it was happy hour. Our favorite part was the roasted cauliflower it was delicious.

Date of visit: July 2018
Shannon W, Owner at Domenica, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Hi Joce0910-
Thank you so much for your review. We're thrilled to know you and your husband had a good time. We value our costumers here at Domenica and do hope you come again. Gratzi!