“Great flatbread pizza. A must in the Crescent City”
Review of Domenica

Domenica
Reserve with OpenTable
Domenica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Canal Street
Description: Domenica is a contemporary and inviting Italian restaurant that creates regional Italian dishes with southern and middle eastern influences. The cuisine combines Chef Alon Shaya's Israeli heritage and love of local ingredients with a menu that reflects his time spent cooking and living in the small towns of northern Italy.
Dallas
“Great flatbread pizza. A must in the Crescent City”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Nice vibe and energy plus awesome food. A very knowledgeable and professional staff. Try any of the pizzas...just beware the 12" is really more like 15".

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Provincetown
“Edible”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I really wanted to love Domenica. After being blown away by Besh's flagship August, I thought if Domenica had only a fraction of that magic, it would be a good dinner. The restaurant came recommended by a local, my aunt, a 5-star foodie, to be sure. And perhaps we should have taken her suggestion to get the whole head of cauliflower, which is really what she raved about. But I had the goat, which was braised and served with shapeless overcooked vegetables. The flavors all just kind of blended together, like Moroccan baby food. We had 3 pasta dishes, all of which were pretty good, and all told, if I were to ever go back, I'd only order pasta (oh, and the cauliflower). But the space was not great, either. Cavernous and cacophonous. The acoustics were so atrocious that while the restaurant was only half-full, you would have thought we were in Grand Central Station at rush hour. Our server was louche and inattentive - probably distracted by the shapes and colors of his own jewelry, or stifled by the tightness of his shirt. Domenica felt like a carbon copy of Otto, Mario Batali's populist venture in Greenwich Village. But everything Batali does reeks of Italy. Besh should stay in France for now and stop phoning it in with Domenica.

1 Thank NateRoy
New Orleans, Louisiana
“First time was awesome”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my first time visiting Domenica. We heard about happy hour and decided to give it a try for a quick bite to eat before the parades on Lundi Gras. The pizza was awesome, loved the prosciutto and arugula was awesome and so were the cocktails. The service was very good, having a team of three helped a lot since it was so busy. Had a great time there, the only thing i wish was that they put some kind of barrier between the front door and the first row of tables. It was about 40 outside and every time someone opened the door we got a blast of cold air.

• Visited March 2014
“Clam Pizza..yum”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We chose to grab lunch (and dessert on another day) at Domenica because the restaurant was in the hotel where were staying. My wife had the clam pizza which was so good that I gave up eating my margherita pizza so that I could eat more of her pizza (mine was good too though).

We came back another night for dessert and a couple of drinks. They had a great selection of dessert wines and cellos. We had the chocolate hazelnut pudding with candied hazelnuts and the dark chocolate with orange tartufo. We were both happy with our choices and glad that we came back there for dessert after not seeing anything that appealed to us for dessert at the restaurant where we ate dinner.

The service was very good on both occasions.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A great all around experience and looking forward to visiting again.”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The food was so delicious on our first visit that we had to go again the next night for a repeat of the Duck Liver Moscato Pâté. I hope to pop in this upcoming weekend as well. Everything we tasted from the selection of cured meats and cheeses with accompanying fruits, sides/condiments and savory beignets was extremely flavorful; nothing bland or boring. The wine selection was good, and although we unfortunately didn't try many other menu items, the arugula and beet salad with gorgonzola cheese was also fantastic.

Everything on the menu looked great. The dining room is well organized with a few decorative privacy screens/dividers allowing those tables in the center of the restaurant to still feel romantic. The service was excellent. It seemed as though our servers knew what we wanted or needed before we even had a chance to ask.

I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone I knew visiting or living in New Orleans. I can't wait to go back!