“Italian Food!”
Review of Domenica

Domenica
Reserve with OpenTable
Domenica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Canal Street
Description: Domenica is a contemporary and inviting Italian restaurant that creates regional Italian dishes with southern and middle eastern influences. The cuisine combines Chef Alon Shaya's Israeli heritage and love of local ingredients with a menu that reflects his time spent cooking and living in the small towns of northern Italy.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Love that margarita pizza. Their happy hour is from 3 to 6pm everyday. Half priced wine and pizza.
The tap water in the glass bottles remind me my perfect trip to Italy last year. That's exactly how Italians do that :)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have had the pleasure of eating here while staying at the Roosevelt a few days ago.

The salad was wonderful. The pasta, one of the best I have had. It was cooked perfectly and the sauce was very fresh and tasty. The small portion is plenty. It was difficult to decide what to eat as everything looked and smelled wonderful.

I had to wait for a table but it was worth it. Service was also very good.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

While stayng at the Roosevelt we returned from a day of sightseeing and decided to stay close for dinner. I had pizza, she had wood roasted goat. Both were very good.
Pizza and beer are half price during happy hours of 3 - 6 making this a very popular spot.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The 15:00-18:00 happy hour was something not to be missed. Half price beer and pizzas which were worth the money at full price in the first place. To take advantage of this though, be sure to book ahead as this place gest busy. The atmosphere was bustling due to the location, and the reputation of John Besh's restaurants. All the food we ate was fantastic and that which we saw being delivered to other tables looked great too.

1  Thank ma0sm
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My team who is well traveled and eat in all the best restaurants around the country are a finicky bunch to say the least. I had northeasterns, west coast guys, south and some from europe.. THey shuttled us into the back and had a great time. They served us three types of pasta one was tagliatalle with rabbit, spicy rigatoni and another pasta with white sauce.. all to die for.. Then we had a massive cheese/cured italian meat board for each table with all types of pickled fruits, currents, figs,etc.. it was OUTSTANDING... Then the we had Octupus Carpaccio and that was the biggest hit of the night.. Amazing. Also a couple of other apps on top of that. The goat, short ribs and red fish were fantastic.. To top it off with the desserts was just a spectacular meal all around. My team was thanking me for such an untraditional NOLA meal and a meal they will always remember.. I also bought them several copies of Chef John Besh's cookbooks which they really liked. The service was impeccable along with the choices of wine that kept flowing.. They were on top of each persons glasses that they would be filled whether it was wine or water.. Every ask or want was addressed and the night could have not been more of a success.. My favorite restaurant now has become some of my peers and teams favorites also.