“Excellent pizza and happy hour”
Review of Domenica

Domenica
Reserve with OpenTable
Domenica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 2,045 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Canal Street
Description: Domenica is a contemporary and inviting Italian restaurant that creates regional Italian dishes with southern and middle eastern influences. The cuisine combines Chef Alon Shaya's Israeli heritage and love of local ingredients with a menu that reflects his time spent cooking and living in the small towns of northern Italy.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Located in the beautiful Roosevelt Hotel, they offer half price pizza and wine/beer happy hour from 3-6 p.m. daily. It's a great deal, but also their pizza is excellent and quite a bit to choose from, with a good portion size. Service is always friendly and prompt, and it is busy in these times, but not too loud to enjoy conversation. I would recommend making a reservation if you have a large party or if you arrive towards the end of happy hour. I don't think you can go wrong with a pizza selection, but try the prosciutto or roasted eggplant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Recently returned from a trip to New Orleans. We were in a taxi heading for a restaurant when we called to check and learned that they were closed to the public that day. So, quite by chance, our cab driver suggested we go to Domenica's at the Hotel Roosevelt New Orleans. He said it was a "gourmet" pizza place, but it was so much more! I adore sparkling wine/champagne and there were about 8 different sparkling wines by the glass on the menu - the most I've seen anywhere. I asked our server to bring me a glass of brut, the coldest and bubbliest on the menu and she did! It was a wonderful prosecco. There was a special menu celebrating the Jewish New Year and while I wasn't hungry enough to order all the courses, I asked if I could order the entree - pappardelle with slow cooked brisket of beef, pears and basil and our terrific server made it happen. I ordered it al dente - It was to my amazement, perfectly cooked and out of this world - the pears and basil enhanced the dish, neither overpowering it. I was with two other ladies and they wanted to share the appetizer from the special menu - it was a divine, creamy chicken liver pate. Dessert - and I am a chocoholic - but I opted for Caramello Crostata - by far, the most heavenly pie - caramel custard with pistachio torrone and white chocolate whipped cream - I can't even describe the delectable, crunchy crust. One of the ladies ordered a gourmet pizza and the other, a seafood ravioli and each enjoyed their choices. Domenica's was never on our must visit list, but now it is at the top of mine!

1  Thank JaniceA885
Reviewed October 5, 2012

incredible place inside the Roosevelt Hotel, nice, with a friendly team of waiters.
I have never eaten a better gnocchi in my whole life.
also the pizza is tremendous!
Don't miss it in your next trip to New Orleans

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Great pizzas whose portion sizes have increased. Awesome in house cured meats. Unusual ingredients for the area (speck, lardo) Happy hour is the best time to go, good prices, attractive crowd. Service can be a little on the impersonal.

1  Thank NOLA_Monkeyboy
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The food was amazing and the waiter was fantastic!
We were there for lunch, the antipasti platter was fabulous.
So too was the pizzas. Service was just great.

Been to Domenica? Share your experiences!