“If there really is a heaven it had better be a Cream of Blueberry snowball from Hansen's.”
Review of Hansen's Sno-Bliz

Hansen's Sno-Bliz
Ranked #18 of 63 Dessert in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 22, 2013

If only they kept regular hours and didn't only open when they feel like it.... I still have to give Hansen's 5 stars because it is the most delicious dessert on earth and because of the great memories.

Georgetown, Texas
“Epic experience”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

A local told us about this place and we go every time we are in New Orleans! So many options! Fun flavor sand big sizes!

• Visited May 2013
Baton Rouge
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I've had two son-cones since I moved down South. The first one (at a roadside stand on the way into the state) gave me the ice-headache from hell (I literally was doubled up on the car's front bumper, eyes shut, fists clenched, with the pain) and wasn't that tasty. I had the other concoction of frozen water and bright chemicals at some kind of street fair, and I'd pretty much just given up on the idea of ever trying another. I mean, people eat weird things all over the world: you don't have to like fried grasshoppers, right? Right? But someone I trusted said to try Hansen's and--now I GET it: I'm a convert! When I walked in and saw that one of the special flavors was "honey lavender" I knew that what I'd experienced before was...not even nearly the same thing. (Like someone who says they don't like poetry--then you learn that all they've ever read is Robert Frost.) The ice was so finely and smoothly chopped it became a cool foam and the flavor was rich thick sweet and totally real. I know everyone (but me) already knew this--but just in case you haven't been to New Orleans before: make Hansen's part of your plan for, as my friend said, "delicious chilling."

• Visited August 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Snowball brought out the kid in me!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Told that having a snowball is a must for a muggy New Orleans day! The one name that came up often was Hansen's.
When I first arrived, there were only a few people. While enjoying my first order (yes I got another order while there!), it quickly got crowded and the line was out the door.
It's cash only
It was a mixture of tourist and regulars at Hansen's.
After receiving my order, I joined the others sitting on the bench on the side of the store. The first taste of flavor and ice was unlike any frozen treat I've ever had! It was so yummy. I and other adults sat on the bench in silent, swinging our feet and smacking! It was so good, I got back in that long line and got another order to enjoy on my way back to my hotel.
Hansen's set the standard for what a summer treat is!

1 Thank airlink9972
“PINEAPPLE!! BLUEBERRY!!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

2 Really delicious flavors I tried yesterday.. The wait was about 15-20 minutes, bc one of the snowball machine was working.. So glad I got to try those flavors.. Been craving pineapple alot lately, and that was so good!! Our order was long so when we were done, the line got really long.. Thanks everyone for the patience