“Best Sno Balls in New Orleans”
Review of Hansen's Sno-Bliz

Hansen's Sno-Bliz
Ranked #17 of 62 Dessert in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My father's family is from New Orleans so I grew up eating a ton of sno balls from all around the city. Whenever we are in town, we invariably end up at Hansen's getting the NECTAR CREAM flavor. Everyone has their favorite but I'll take the Nectar Cream until I die.

Do yourself a favor and head to Hansen's, where for 73 years they've been making the real deal. Thank me later.

2  Thank Andernos_Les_Bains

Reviewed February 14, 2012

When it comes to snow balls it's all about the ice! Hansen's has the best ice! It really must be like eating fresh fallen snow, well to a New Orleanian anyway. Get there early! Lines start forming towards the early afternoon.

1  Thank NOLAjetsetter
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Must stop here during snowball season!! I always do when I visit!

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Heading home to FL we decided to stop by Hansen's after watching a show about their snow cones on Food Network. I don't think snow cone is a proper term for what they serve, this is not your normal "shaved ice" - it's almost like eating fresh snow. Getting to Hansen's was a bit difficult, as it's located a good distance from the interstate, and in the middle of a neighborhood - and a sketchy part of town at that. There's some street parking, and there was a line outside of the store. It took us about 15 minutes to get through the line, and I do not believe there's any AC inside as the doors are kept open. There are many different sizes and flavors to choose from (try the cream of nectar!!). There is no seating, except for a long bench outside of the building which was already taken by other patrons.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have been to many New Orleans places overt he years, but had never been to Hansen's until our last trip. We didn't know that we had done the "double dip" by eating at Domilise's and then going to Hansen's for dessert.
Their ice is the fluffiest and smoothest of any place I have ever eaten at.
it seemed to make the nectar flavor of my cone stand out more. My wife had the ice cream flavor and loved hers also.
No inside seating. The wait in line will be shorter if you come right at opening time.

1  Thank bikinchris