“Great Po-Boy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mahony's Po-Boy Shop

Mahony's Po-Boy Shop
Ranked #184 of 1,918 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Garden District
Description: (504) 899-3374
Hurley, MS
“Great Po-Boy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

The pot roast po-boy was delicious. Hubby got the Arugula Salad- arugula on a bed of watermelon and it was fabulous.

Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“In one word.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

AMAZING!! The food was sooooo good and the people that worked there very friendly. We had the peacemaker, angus pot roast beef and the most delicious fried unions i ever ate :) if your in New Orleans, you definetly have to visit this place......
(Take away also possible)

• Visited March 2013
Windsor, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A MUST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a great shop. Great food, portions and price. A must for anyone visiting New Orleans in Garden District on Magazine Street. I had the Pot Roast Po Boy and my wife had the small Muffaletta. Both are forever embedded in our taste buds. Fantastic. The Muffaletta i would have to say was the best in New Orleans. The small was large enough for two people. The Pot Roast Po boy came with Fries, cheese and beef with gravy right in the sandwich. MMM mmm mmm!!! Would definitely go back again and would recommend. Best way to get here is get yourself a pass on the streetcar and take it to garden district. Go from there. Things to do and see in garden district so you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!!

1 Thank Nikola G
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Great Po-Boys!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place has been featured on Food Network so, my husband and I were anticipated to try this place. Also, I was born in NOLA and, this was one place I never tried while living in Nawlins as a child so, I was excited to finally try it.

We was greeted by a sweet lady welcoming us and giving us all the info we wanted to know and, needed to know. We ordered fried green tomatoes as an appetizer (I've had better but still, it was good). I order a roast beef po'boy (Good but, I wish I had ordered the fried oysters one as I LOVE oyster po-boys) with a side of slaw. My husband ordered the meatball po-boy and he really enjoyed it. The food was good! The slaw is some of the best I've had. You sure do get plenty of food for the value which is a PLUS. Always some left over for a late night snack.

We loved Mahony's and we will make our return the next time we are in Nawlins!

“Over rated Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited Saturday for a late lunch. It took 15 to order then 45 minutes to get the food. I've has better sandwiches elsewhere. The bread was nothing special. I had the pot roast beef which was chewy. My husband had the fried green tomatoe po boy. I wouldn't go out of my way to go again.