“A MUST”

Mahony's Po-Boy Shop
Ranked #179 of 1,939 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Garden District
Description: (504) 899-3374
Windsor, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A MUST”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a great shop. Great food, portions and price. A must for anyone visiting New Orleans in Garden District on Magazine Street. I had the Pot Roast Po Boy and my wife had the small Muffaletta. Both are forever embedded in our taste buds. Fantastic. The Muffaletta i would have to say was the best in New Orleans. The small was large enough for two people. The Pot Roast Po boy came with Fries, cheese and beef with gravy right in the sandwich. MMM mmm mmm!!! Would definitely go back again and would recommend. Best way to get here is get yourself a pass on the streetcar and take it to garden district. Go from there. Things to do and see in garden district so you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!!

1 Thank nikolag220

Panama City Beach, Florida
“Great Po-Boys!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place has been featured on Food Network so, my husband and I were anticipated to try this place. Also, I was born in NOLA and, this was one place I never tried while living in Nawlins as a child so, I was excited to finally try it.

We was greeted by a sweet lady welcoming us and giving us all the info we wanted to know and, needed to know. We ordered fried green tomatoes as an appetizer (I've had better but still, it was good). I order a roast beef po'boy (Good but, I wish I had ordered the fried oysters one as I LOVE oyster po-boys) with a side of slaw. My husband ordered the meatball po-boy and he really enjoyed it. The food was good! The slaw is some of the best I've had. You sure do get plenty of food for the value which is a PLUS. Always some left over for a late night snack.

We loved Mahony's and we will make our return the next time we are in Nawlins!

“Over rated Average”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited Saturday for a late lunch. It took 15 to order then 45 minutes to get the food. I've has better sandwiches elsewhere. The bread was nothing special. I had the pot roast beef which was chewy. My husband had the fried green tomatoe po boy. I wouldn't go out of my way to go again.

Terrytown, Louisiana
“Great po-boy!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I were in the area and decided to stop at Mahony's for lunch. It was a spur of the moment decision because they had outdoor seating and dog water dishes for your pet. We were pleasantly surprised by one of the best roast beef po'boys we've ever had. It was not the thin sliced roast beef most sandwich shops use, Instead Mahony's uses roast beef like Mom's Sunday roast in pulled chunks. Very delicious and very unusual. We ordered a twelve inch and split it with the dressings on the side. We also ordered french fries which I cannot recommend. While they were piping hot, I found them a bit soggy. If you are in the area, or even if you're not, I highly recommend having lunch at Mahoney's. You won't be sorry

Glen Rock, New Jersey
“First Po-Boy and it was a Winner”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I split a Roast Beef Po Boy with my son and it was delicious. This was my first Po Boy and I plan to be back on my next trip to NO. Mahony's was recommeded to us after a walking tour of the Uptown district, and walking along Magazine St was interesting. The staff is not outwardly friendly but they definitely do their job effectively