“Great shrimp dressed Poboy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mahony's Po-Boy Shop

Mahony's Po-Boy Shop
Ranked #184 of 1,918 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Garden District
Description: (504) 899-3374
“Great shrimp dressed Poboy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

These poboys are huge, one is enough for 2 people. Could be a little more seasoned but other than that the poboy rocked. Fries are pretty good also. Love to order them to go

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here right after the airport after getting a tip from a native sitting next to me on the plane.

When we went there was not a line. The server was friendly.

I ordered the grilled shrimp and my husband ordered the fried oysters. Both were very good. The bread was amazing and the shrimp was big.

I would definitely go here again and refer to friends.

London, Canada
“Had to Do It Once”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a tough review because I will admit I'm not sure I "get" Po' Boys. But I keep trying. We'd seen Mahony's on the Food Channel and those Po' Boys sure did sound good.

We arrived at around 1:00 on a Tuesday and the wait was not too bad. We ordered a Chicken Liver and Rootbeer Ham Po' Boy and a side of Fried Green Tomatoes. The Po' Boys were as good as any we had had up to that point (we hadn't been to Katie's yet). I learned I prefer my Fried Green Tomatoes sliced, rather than chunked, but the remoulade was very good.

All in all it was good, but added to my on-going realization that just because it's on the Food Channel doesn't mean it's exceptional.

Visited September 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Ridiculous Prices, Mediocre Quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have no idea why this place charges the prices that it does for the size/quality of what they offer. I ordered the "Peacemaker" a po-boy with fried oysters, bacon and cheese thinking "this should be fantastic!" Two words: "market price". The damn thing was almost $20! And to top it off, it was one of the driest po-boys I've ever had. This is the second time I have thought "did I really pay this much money for a disappointing sandwich?" I will NEVER go back despite the fat that I live 1 block away. Go somewhere else like Tracey's or Cassamento's

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NOLA_Monkeyboy
Tulsa
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place was packed just after the noon rush and the wait was 40 minutes for our soft shell crab po-boy. They said they would bring the onion rings over right away but they came later with the sandwiches. It took a long time but the food was really good and the onion rings are the thin kind, not fat rings and they were so good!

Visited September 2012