“Nawlins Flavors Shine”

Mahony's Po-Boy Shop
Reserve with OpenTable
Mahony's Po-Boy Shop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Garden District
Description: (504) 899-3374
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Its a dive but the food is really good! Muffaletta salad, crab claws with remoulade sauce, onion rings, shrimp po boy - hard to say which was best. Try it, you'll like it!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Mahony's was suggested to my wife and I from a New Orlean's native. Glad we took his recommendation! Great Po-Boys that I enjoyed and appetizers that my wife enjoyed. A great find that we will continue to enjoy on future trips.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We ate lunch here on a Tuesday afternoon. Our New Orleans friends needed to see their dentist several doors down. The suggested we eat lunch there after the dentist visit. When one friend memtioned the root beer ham sandwich, I remembered it from Triple D. I had the potroast poboy with gravy, my spouse and one friend had the shrimp and fried green tomato poboy, and the last friend had chicken liver poboy. We shared a small order of fries and a large order of the onion rings. Everything was perfect, and the size of the sandwiches and the fries and the onion ring order were huge. Triple D is corrrect. This is a must try place.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I've tried to eat here twice before, but the lines were so long that we left. This year, we visited on a Tuesday just before lunch, and walked right inside with no line.

The food was delicious, and the portions were large. The servers were very polite and friendly. For instance, my wife had ordered a jumbo shrimp po boy, and the man taking the order pointed out that the jumbo shrimp was market price, and suggested that the fried shrimp was more reasonably priced if that is something we wanted to consider. The staff who brought out the food was very nice and attentive too.

By the time we were done eating, there was quite a line forming out the door. I can see where some people would get frustrated with that. But our experience was fantastic with no line, and the food was excellent.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I went here on a Friday night, and they were out of everything. Despite the fact that they had nothing we tried to order (like roast beef and turkey, pretty standard), we stuck around. The staff acted like they were doing us a favor by taking our order. My sandwich was cold, the shrimp were old and chewy, and the fried green tomatoes were the same. It was inedible. My husband and I ended up splitting his sandwich...which was just okay, but not worth the almost $40 we paid for sandwiches and fries! We live right by it, but would much rather go to Tracey's or Parkway.

1  Thank LRVE0505