“That was a serious sandwich”

Serio's Po-Boys & Deli
Ranked #405 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The whole muffaletta fed two us for two days on our trip home. The bloody mary with a pickled green bean garnish was outstanding!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Nothing says New Orleans like a giant orange and purple tiger statue to greet you!! I had the gigantic muffaletta. It was outstanding. The marinated olives, carrots, celery and spices made this sandwich delicious. This restaurant was featured on The Food Network as a food challenge. The restaurant won. You never, ever put mayonnaise on a muffaletta!!!!

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here for a Muffaletta. Sandwich was very good. One whole sandwich could easily feed 3-4 people but I would recommend splitting it between two.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We visited Serio's Jan. 12th 2013. We had a large group, and were treated to speedy service! The fried oyster po-boy was great! And the Muffuletta was huge! The olive salad on the muffuletta was really good. My husband won't touch olives, and hesitated when I asked him to try my sandwich. He was surprised at how good the olives were on the sandwich, and ate several pieces of my sandwich. VERY reasonably priced - probably the cheapest meal we ate while on vacation! Enjoy the atmosphere, too. The restaurant features football helmets and memorabilia from sports teams from all over. The people there are very friendly, and happy to serve you. Ask for the purple haze beer. Locally made and very good!

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I read the other reviews. I agree that Serios are not as soaked in olive oil as some other restaurants. That doesn't make it a dry sandwich- it just means your hands aren't covered in oil. I like it better.

This was one of my favorite muffulettas in NO and I've had a ton! What the sandwich lacks in oil it makes up in flavor.

$5 for a quarter and $15 for a whole is a great deal for such a great sandwich. 1/4 is plenty for most people.

If you are looking for a great meal near Canal and Royal/Bourbon, Serios should be your stop- even if you don't like the LSU tigers.