“RAT!”
Review of Checkered Parrot Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Checkered Parrot Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Bring a little of Key West into your life. The Checkered Parrot is an upscale sports bar featuring a large menu that is sure to please anyone. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. Try our famous Nachos, mouth-watering Fajita's or Wings in seven flavors. We have a Wrap, Sandwich or Burger for everyone in the family! Try one with a side of Parrot Chips today! Relax on our outdoor patio and enjoy the sights and sounds of the French Quarter. Or, venture inside for tons of TVs, pool tables, a full bar and additional entertainment that make the Checkered Parrot the place to be!
Reviewed September 20, 2013

There was a RAT nearing in size to a cat running around the restaurant whilst we were eating. DON'T GO HERE!!!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

While my girlfriend and I were down in New Orleans, we decided to eat lunch here since we wanted to watch pro football and they had the NFL Sunday ticket. The only good thing I can say about this place is that they had a lot of TVs and every game on at least one them. You could watch whatever game interested you and you could watch 3 to 4 games at once from just about any seat in the restaurant.
The waitress that we had was horrible. She was infrequent in visiting our table even though we mentioned that we would be ordering food throughout the afternoon while watching the games. When we were able to order, it took a considerably long time for us to receive the food. The order was incorrect on 2 of the orders that we placed.
The food was average at best. We ordered the sliders and the meat for the 4 sliders was one hamburger that was cut into fourths. One slider only had a burger on it that was the diameter of a quarter! The chicken tenders were dry and overcooked. The queso dip had a film over the top of it.
When we finally were ready to leave, we received the bill and it already included a 17% gratuity even though we had all of these problems with the service and orders.
I am not going to go to this place ever again and I would advise anybody else to do the same.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This restaurant is attached to the Wyndham French Quarter & hopefully it will be renovated as well when they do the hotel. Our waiter had a hard time multi-tasking which made the service very slow. Breakfast was fair but one day I went in the restaurant to use their restroom & the dining area smelled of sewage yet the bathroom smelled fine. Odd & unappetizing!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Bathrooms need to be gutted and re done! Cheesy at best. Unattentive staff, cold beer at a decent price. Spend your money elsewhere.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had breakfast at this restaurant for one morning. The staff was friendly. I had the double waffle and it was delicious. I would recommend this restaurant for you. I was told by others they had had drinks in this restaurant and stated they were reasonably priced as well. Enjoy.