“Awesome Meal. Craving More.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Squeal Bar-B-Q - CLOSED

Squeal Bar-B-Q
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Far Hills, NJ
“Awesome Meal. Craving More.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Worked in New Orleans for a few weeks after the latest hurricane. Just by chance I came across this place. Looked inviting from the street and the neighborhood smelled great. I couldn't drive past one more time. Stopped in for an early lunch. Only a few other customers. Employees were very friendly. Ordered a chicken meal. The receipt after said it was a 1/4 chicken but seemed more like a half. The right amount of smoke and sauce. Hate places that drown their meat in BBQ sauce. Came with a side of collard greens which were very good and slightly spicy. Corn and cheese grits also came with. I ordered an additional side dish of white BBQ beans which had nice bit chunks of meat in them. Soooo good...Came to only $16 including a drink. Will definitely visit this joint again if in New Orleans in the future.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“really good food!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I visited this restaurant while I was on vacation. I had a Groupon deal. The food here is very good. At first, I was very nervous about the food here because I'm allergic to pork and shellfish; so my food selection was limited.

However, I was able to eat the briskett, corn (don't remember the name), and the cole slaw. The food was fantastic! The staff was also friendly.

I will definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the New Orleans area.

1 Thank leiseannm
New Orleans, Louisiana
“What appears to be the start of my BBQ era in life.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The S.O. and I went to Squeal the other night after discussing it for months. He passes the restaurant regularly on his way home from work and the smells were advertisement enough to convince him we needed to try it. It took us a long time to get there, but now I can't wait to go back.

We chose to go on a Saturday night and were seated immediately. It wasn't crowded at all although it started filling up while we were eating. There is indoor and outdoor seating.

I'm no BBQ connoisseur (although my recent obsession makes that status seem eminent), but Squeal was absolutely delicious. The meat was tender and tasty. The sauce has a bite and covered the brisket, but it was decadent and indulgent. The potato salad was very mustardy, but it didn't bother me because I like it like that and my fiance (who doesn't like potato salad period) found it palatable. The corn grits were divine, and I'm not a big fan of grits! I had pulled pork tacos with a cole slaw on them. Three tacos with a side and the appetizer was more than enough food for one person (in fact, I took two tacos home with me). We had nachos as an appetizer and they were incredible. I was stuffed when we were only half way finished with them, but I couldn't stop eating them.

Everything is spicy, so beware if you don't like spicy food. I happen to love it, which probably plays in to my raving about this place for a few days after our visit. Unfortunately, we didn't save room for dessert. It looked like everything had bacon in it, though, so I definitely will next time!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Bacon Brownies?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Po-boys, anything pork! and, yes bacon brownies with homemade sourcream ice cream. Homer Simpson, eat your animated heart out; you can't have one...

Visited August 2012
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Fun food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great spot, close to Tulane. Delicious tacos and nachos. service slow, but it is New Orleans!.Reasonably priced.

Visited August 2012