“Turned off by this Spa”
Review of Spa Atlantis

Spa Atlantis
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Atlantis is a full service day spa and salon*. Now, with 2 locations. Our original in New Orleans CBD (Downtown) and our newest location in New Orleans French Quarter. *French Quarter location only
New Orleans
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Turned off by this Spa”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We visited this Spa on Feb. 26, 2011 hoping to relax with a couples massage and facials for my wife and I. We are locals and were doing a weekend staycation. We have had many couples massages and facials at different Spas and have never had the experience we had Spa Atlantic. We arrived early as we have learned to at Spas to prepare and relax before the massage. At Spa Atlantic it was Chaos from the start. There were so many people at one time it was standing room only in a tiny waiting room. We put on robs as normal in preparation and then no where to sit and wait for a therapist. They had some people in robs and some in street clothes all standing around the same room. Then standing there you see about five or six workers running back and forth out of rooms slamming doors from the laundry back to a room changing dirty sheets for clean and these same maids later or actually your therapist after handling all the laundry. They were so rushed and up-tite keeping a time pace they were more tense then the people coming to the spa. If they were not relaxed with all the slamming and running around how do they expect their guests? It was mayhemn they tried but the massage therapist actually was counting the strokes of massage on each arm and side of the body. Exactly the same on everything. Not more in a specific area or anything just making sure enough to get by was done. Terrible massage. Oh yes and broken heaters on massage tables freezing cold on tables. The excuse from therapist they just got new tables and some were not working properly. All and all I left more tense then when I arrived. The kicker was we went on-line and made massage couple appointment 50 minutes 140.00 and then each facial 85.00. At checkout it should have been 310.00 and they wanted to charge me 450.00. Telling me it was 140.00 per person for just a 50:00 minute massage. But on-line and in their own brochure it reads couples massage 50:00 140.00 dollars. When I questioned it they say yes it happens alot and so they instantly discounted it only 40.00 dollars thinking I would be happy. I tipped the therapists because it's not their fault management runs the place over priced and under trained. Needless to say I will not recommend this Spa to anyone and feel they are just a tourist trap Spa as they said most of their clients are travelers. Hope this helps people in future.

Visited February 2011
8 Thank southerndreamer
SpaAtlantis, Owner at Spa Atlantis, responded to this review, March 1, 2011
Southerndreamer - I am so sorry to hear about your experience at my spa. I assure you we do our best to make clients feel relaxed. We were very busy on Saturday so I appologize if you felt too many people were in the waiting room. I am also aware one of our table warmers is broken and I have a replacement due in any time. This was a brand new table warmer which arrived to us broken. Unfortunately, I was not in the Spa Saturday afteroon as I had a family emergency. Please rest assured I do not like any of our customers to leave unsatisfied. Please give me the opportunity to make this up to you. I would truly appreciate a call so I can make this right. I would also love to figure out who your therapist was who was counting strokes. All of our therapists are Nationally Certified and have may years of experience. It is very confusing to me who your therapist could have been but if you give me the opportunity to discuss this with you and hopefully attempt to make it right, I will find out what was going on with your therapist. You may reach me on my mobile number 504-258-4335.

Again, I am truly sorry for this experience and will do everything in my power to correct it.

Best Regards,
Richard Borne
Owner
Spa Atlantis

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Yet!”
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Staying at a local nice hotel but dis not want to pay the hotel spa price I ventured out to see what else was in area. Wow!!! Spa Atlantis is so worth the walk !!!! I really do think the environment gives most top notch hotels a run for their money!! Ashley was, I think the best yet, and I have done a few spas!! You won't be sorry to step outside your fancy hotel and come here!!!!!

2 Thank Restday
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“5 Star Hospitality, Customer Service & AMAZING Massage!”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Spa Atlantis is a very SPECIAL find! The owner Richard has created a very special place with a culture of hospitality, the highest expectation of customer service and attention to detail, from the lovely environment to your comfort and enjoyment. From Charlotte's hospitality at the front desk to the beautifully appointed space, I felt relaxed and at home.

Coming off of a few tough weeks of working too hard and being sick, I really needed some TLC and found it here at Spa Atlantis. I had a wonderful manicure with Esperanza--who worked Magic on my poor little nails and cuticles and finished with a Hot Red so I can show my hands again!

Jeanne, my massage therapist, was AMAZING. I had a serious injury last year that has thrown alot of shoulder/back to leg out of whack. Jeanne thoroughly worked and stretched all those connections with a great intuitive touch as well as with the hot stones. I have experienced massage at many great spots, resorts etc., but my 80 min. Hot Stone massage was the best massage I have had. Jeanne is not to be missed.

What a fabulous experience and way for me to relax and restore and be able to enjoy the rest of my stay here in New Orleans! Thank you all at Spa Atlantis!

Visited February 2011
2 Thank BelBella5
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I love this place!”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Spa Atlantis is one of the nicest spas in the Central Business District. Marie did a treatment called shellac nails for me, and it has lasted for well over two weeks. What a nice treat for myself!

The facilities are beautiful and the people are super friendly. I'm definately going back for more.

Visited January 2011
2 Thank DinoDeb
Natchez, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HOW RELAXING!”
Reviewed February 1, 2011

What a wonderful masssage, my 50 minutes went too fast! Nice relaxing setting, extremely friendly staff and the spa so decorated wonderfully! The complimentary champagne was delicious! I will be going back on my next trip to New Orleans in a few weeks for more services!
My masseuses' name was Ashley, and she was fantastic !

Visited January 2011