“St Patrick's Parade”

Ranked #37 of 364 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Eclectic collectors and professional browsers will love this six-mile long street which starts at the French Quarter and is known worldwide for its antiques and art.
Seattle, Washington
165 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“St Patrick's Parade”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I don't have opinion about Magazine Street. Kinda very long street and confusing. If you lived in Asia or traveled to undeveloped countries to shop, this place is meh. Anyway, we went to this street because of St Patrick's Day Parade. I never been to Mardi Gras, we just arrived here but a family told us, the best time to experience Mardi Gras version of family friendly is St Patrick's parade. We thought we had so much fun, catching beads and such. Again, I don't feel comfortable with drunk people were holding bottle dancing in front of my small kid. Accident can happen. Great for experience.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Get out of the French Quarter”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Take the #11 bus at Canal and Camp out to Magazine and Louisiana for blocks of funky shopping and more restaurants. So easy to get to-only about 5 minutes on the bus-download the RTA app to show the bus arrival time for each stop and you are set.

48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“just a few splashes of "intresting" in a sea of "meh"”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Maybe I'm disappointed because I expects to find interesting galleries (there were none) but even when I put that aside, I have to say there is nothing amazing about this street at all. A small number of nice clothes shops… that's it. I found it to be a terrible waste of time.

Bentonville, Arkansas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Saint Patrick's Day Parade”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Awesome place to go see. We partied on this street and the houses are amazing. I really enjoyed this area of NOLA good place to drive through and explore!

Sacramento, California
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Magazine Street - New Orleans, LA”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

A major road through New Orleans, it ends (or starts, at Canal St): across Canal street it becomes Decatur St. in the French Quarter.

Our Hotel was on Magazine and Canal St. so close to the French Quarter.

Going away from the French Quarter, Magazine St. runs through the Warehouse/Arts District and on through the Garden District (older, upscale homes) down to the Audubon Park and Audubon Zoo.

You can't help but travel on this street sometime while you are in New Orleans.

rlw