“It is Bourbon Street, you know what to expect”
Review of Bourbon Street

and up
Bourbon Street Pub Crawl
Ranked #64 of 352 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: The partying never stops on Bourbon Street, the French Quarter's liveliest and wildest thoroughfare, where the rhythmic sounds of jazz, country western, Dixieland and sultry blues permeate the air. Brimming with life, you'll find everything from shopping to music to Cajun food to nightclubs.
Mandan, North Dakota
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“It is Bourbon Street, you know what to expect”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We visited Bourbon Street because we were in NOLA. That is really the single reason. We walked it a couple times in the afternoon/early evening. Took some pictures of the street signs. It is great for people watching, there are some crazy folks out there. We thankfully did not see any bodily fluids on the street, but the smell is ever present despite being sprayed with disinfectant every morning. Take a quick stroll to say you were there and then move on. There is so much to see in the rest of the FQ.

Visited October 2013

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Meh”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was on tour with a band and we were driving to Florida from Baton Rouge. I had never been to New Orleans and wanted to get a quick sample of it before driving a long shift. It was a Monday afternoon, a regular day, not a holiday or a special event. There were drunks everywhere and everything smelled terrible. I couldn't handle it. After 2 hours of exploring we went back to the van only to encounter a very large man in a half naked drunken man covered in poop. At that point I ran back to the vehicle. I'm sure New Orleans has a lot of great spots but I do not need to revisit that day.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ray E
Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“great....not around mardi gras”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

been to mardi gras....too much madness for me. the streets are so cram packed with people and violence I don't see how anyone can enjoy themselves. go on Halloween.....or just a random weekend when there are no events. lots of fun! I enjoy being able to walk around with alchohol and visit lots of different bars, clubs, and attractions.

Visited March 2013
Marietta, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“"Nothing Special about Bourbon Street at Night" 2011”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

When I went to New Orleans in October of 2011 during Halloween,I can honestly say Bourbon Street is not that special.

I do not drink, even if I did I would not hang out on this street at night.

Sure ,There will be some funny things that you will see like people dressed up , and neat things like people playing jazz, but its not a place I'd hang out with a bunch of drunks.lol

Most of Bourbon Street is bars and nightclubs, however they have neat restaurants which look appetizing.

If you are drinker, you will like this street. However ,I am not a drinker.

Plus there is more to New Orleans than Bourbon Street.

Visited November 2013
los angeles
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“HALLOWEEN in NOLA”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

OMG...it's not Mardi Gras or a sponsored event. Just throngs of fun-loving folks coming out to share their over-the-top costumes and to have a little drunken fun. My friends and I followed the parade of ghouls, drag queens, and indescribably adorned characters on foot high wedges from club to club. The absurdity of it all put organized events like the WeHo parade (Los Angeles) to shame. For sure I have become a fan of the other LA, NOLA, on Halloween.

Visited October 2013