“So thankful I took this”
Review of Magic Tours

Ranked #62 of 216 Tours in New Orleans
Rochester, Minnesota
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“So thankful I took this”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My intention was to stroll the Garden District but when I got there I realized that they would just be big pretty houses without information. I happened on a Magic Tour and the guide welcomed me into it. I regret that Ive forgotten her name. She led us on a great tour and was a font of information. This made all the difference in the world. Id suggest you try them.

Visited December 2013

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Tour the cemetery with a knowledgeable curmudgeon”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Cemetery #1: See the restoration work, hear the history both ancient and recent past....see the real Marie Laveau tomb (and the imposters)...get a look at that strange new pyramid erected by the strange financially challenged actor. 2 hours passed very quickly even in the cold rain (umbrella and boots would have helped). The final stop at the train office (check out the model of the trolley with a heart for each of the people who perished in Katrina) for hot cacao was a treat...

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Siampayne
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Informative and fun”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Andrew was a great guide for our cemetary tour very knowledgeable and entertaining. It was a nice way to spend our Thanksgiving morning.

1 Thank mtsthelenz
Chino Hills, California
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“French Quarter”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time! Learned a ton about the city! Enjoyed being in a small group, was able to ask questions and have a nice conversation about New Orleans.

1 Thank desiluv2bareit
Denver, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Garden District Tour is a must for any NOLA traveler”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I learned more in this 2 hour walking tour of the Garden District than I ever thought possible. I'm sure the guides have a script they're supposed to follow, but everyone in our group had lots of questions and our guide, Matt, was able to answer most of them with no problem at all. Matt expertly navigated us through history and pointed out common myths and legends. His narrative was engaging and it shows that he loves what he does, which made the tour that much more enjoyable for all of us. If you're looking for an entertaining, informative tour of the Garden District, go with Magic Tours (and ask for Matt!).

Visited October 2013