“I enjoyed this!”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“I enjoyed this!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Located in with the Coin Mint. I enjoyed the pictures and educational info on Jazz. Would of liked to see and know more about the instruments.

Visited August 2012

c
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Jazz Galore”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Since Jazz is very much about moods and improvisations, I'd always wondered how Jazz musicians could ever work together. While we were in NOLA, we watched a free concert at their Old Mint location. There were altogether 4 performers. The main performer was a vocalist, singing Jazz songs accompanied by a pianist and a cellist. I can't think off of the top of my head what's the instrument played by the 4th person. Anyway, they worked in such fine harmony, if one can use harmony to describe something like Jazz.

Before the concert started, the audience was flooded with neon lights. My kids loved it.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank jia y
New Brighton, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Free Event Ever”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Get the low down on the real history of Jass. Check out the Preservation Hall exhibit at the Old US Mint. Check the schedule and make sure to take in a free concert. We heard great live Jass and learned the history from local artist too.

Visited June 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“New Orleans Jazz for dummies”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Some of NOLA's best musicians perform daily themed sets, telling the tale of decades of traditional Jazz music

Visited June 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“New Orleans, LA”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

New Orleans, LA amazing restaurants and scenery. I got a big Turkey for fun. Take lots of pictures enjoy...

Visited April 2012