“Gray Line Ghost Tour - I want my money back”
Review of Gray Line

Gray Line
Ranked #75 of 235 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Gray Line New Orleans has been showcasing the city since 1924. Locally owned and operated, the Gray Line schedule includes the award winning Original Cocktail Tour. Another top offering is the Ghost Tour, which has been so intensely researched that the hotel with the most reported Ghost sightings in the city has invited Gray Line to produce an exhibit in their hotel. Among our professionally escorted tours are the Super City Tour, Katrina Tours, Swamp & Bayou, Airboat Swamp Tours, Oak Alley & Laura Plantation Tours, Cemetery & Voodoo, French Quarter & Garden District Walking Tours We limit the number of guests on our walking tours to enhance the experience and the view is always better from our luxurious mini-busses and motor coaches. Our Tour Guides are well trained, licensed, and want to share their personal experiences along the way. Morning to evening you can count on Gray Line New Orleans
Reviewed October 7, 2010

This was the worst ever and I only rated it cause I had to.

"Sandra" our tour guide could barely stop talking about herself. She may as well have just had a "Sandra" tour and ended it with, "oh, and this place is supposed to be haunted"......yeesh! I wanted to leave the tour and go drink myself into oblivion rather than listen to her talk about living alone and what she told her neighbor. My husband was the only reason I stayed because he didn't want to be rude.

never again.

1  Thank TXDaycationer
Write a ReviewReviews (2,073)
All reviews
"hurricane katrina"
in 55 reviews
"jean lafitte"
in 22 reviews
"garden district walking tour"
in 26 reviews
"steamboat natchez"
in 25 reviews
"hour tour"
in 52 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 22 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed July 5, 2010

we chose the City and Katrina tour - our first day in nola- what a great time as an introdution to history and culture. Our guide a former teacher was intelligent, locale and we left the tour with a depth of understanding. We were allowed time to walk one of the locale cemetaries, there were highlights we would not have seen otherwise, churches, univiersites, mueseums and we were guided through the events and on going recovery from Katrina - and now the oil spill - Bless these people - come support their economy - worth the time spent...

Reviewed June 15, 2010

I did not rent a car and I wanted to see a large part of the city so I took the Gray Line tour of New Orleans. This was a mistake. Easily 70% of what the guide had to say was not worth listening to. After awhile i tried to tune him out, and just concentrate on what I was seeing out of the window. I am giving it two starts because I saw parts of the city that I otherwise would not, but the guide was the worst of any tour I have been on. It reminded me of when I was younger and used to go to comedy bars on open mike night.

1  Thank davidcalifornia
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Gray Line Tours offer good tours a variety to choose from. I toured Katrina, Oak Alley Plantation, Garden District and the City Tour. An they ALL were superb! The drivers/tour guides that I had were AWESOME, they knew their stuff and it was worth every penny! I would recommend at least 1 of Gray Line's Tours...KATRINA TOUR is a must!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 16, 2010

On my last trip to New Orleans, I went on a couple of tours with Gray Line. I did their tour of St. Louis No.1 - probably the creepiest cemetary in town. The place itself was amazing - it really did feel haunted, even though it was a hot autumn morning, and broad daylight. The guide however, was a let-down. He seemed extremely bored and unhappy to be there, especially compared to the lively guides I had encountered at Haunted History Tours the previous night. It was still really enjoyable though, in spite of the guide. The following day, I went on the swamp and bayou tour, which was a real winner - a boat trip into the swamps north of the city with a great guide/captain, with the strongest Cajun accent I've ever heard! I loved it, and I got to see alligators up close in the wild! Another thing I loved about Gray Line was their cute little ticket kiosk down by the Mississippi - a truly beautiful place to start your tour!

1  Thank Frankkearns