“It all depends in the guide..”
Review of Gray Line

Tour of Oak Alley Plantation
Ranked #36 of 233 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Gray Line New Orleans has been showcasing the city since 1924. Locally owned and operated, the Gray Line schedule includes the award winning Original Cocktail Tour. Another top offering is the Ghost Tour, which has been so intensely researched that the hotel with the most reported Ghost sightings in the city has invited Gray Line to produce an exhibit in their hotel. Among our professionally escorted tours are the Super City Tour, Katrina Tours, Swamp & Bayou, Airboat Swamp Tours, Oak Alley & Laura Plantation Tours, Cemetery & Voodoo, French Quarter & Garden District Walking Tours We limit the number of guests on our walking tours to enhance the experience and the view is always better from our luxurious mini-busses and motor coaches. Our Tour Guides are well trained, licensed, and want to share their personal experiences along the way. Morning to evening you can count on Gray Line New Orleans
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We did the Garden district walking tour and it was great. The guide was very knowledgable and really nice, we definitely enjoyed this tour. But then, we did the city tour by bus and it was painful! The guide would just talk the whole time, sadly it wasn't about New Orleans history but rather personal stories when he was growing up. In New Orleans, but they weren't informative or even funny. We didn't see half the things that were advertised because we stayed parked for maybe 30 minutes just listening to some story he had to tell. We were fairly disappointed with this second tour.

1  Thank krussek
Write a ReviewReviews (1,637)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'm not usually a tour kind of guy. I usually wander around until I get lost and then find my way back out again. I had heard from my hotel that there was a great ghost tour through the French Quarter. Since it was Halloween night as well I thought I would give it a try. What better time to take a ghost tour through a city with such a storied past? I am so glad I did. Firstly, Gray Line Tours are well organized and professional. Tickets are fairly priced and the walking tour I took was two hours so I definitely felt like they delivered. My tour guide was excellent. Yvonne knew the history of New Orleans like the back of her hand (she's born and raised there) and really let us understand the time from which her stories came from. Understanding the culture of the time put her ghost stories at each location in perspective. She is very articulate and the passion and feeling she put into each story made you feel like she was remembering a first hand account, like she had actually been there at the time. This is the trait of a true story-teller. I will take a Gray Line tour when back in New Orleans again (hopefully with Yvonne as the guide) to learn more about this unique and wonderful city.

1  Thank ShareTheWorld
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We enjoyed the cocktail tour. Our guide, Brian, was a blast and knowledgeable. They don't provide the cocktails but you can certainly order them at the various bars. We highly recommend it.

2  Thank threepuppies
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Took the Oak Alley Plantation tour and had a great time. Our tour guide Sylvester was amazing. He was so good that we took the Katrina city tour the next day just because he was the driver again.

2  Thank Biggjames
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Enjoyed Gray Line Tour's cocktail tour late last Friday afternoon. Tour guide Brian lead our group of nine on a two hour tour with four stops and the opportunity to purchase six recommended cocktails. Our group chose to share the drinks -- and that was perfectly fine. Brian shared some off the beat and path history of the four New Orleans establishments and also the inspiration for several cocktails.

1  Thank FormerNJresident