“Fancy restaurant and excellent wine pairing”
Review of Le Meritage - CLOSED

Le Meritage
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Burgundy
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Best dessert we ever had!! It's a bit pricey, but every meal was an experience! It's worth it if you have something to celebrate!

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I am normally a faddy eater but went here with the view of dont tell me what it is until I've eaten it. It really was good to taste and loved the dessert the best which was strawberry covered in chocolate with ice cream and mixed berries on the side. Absolutely yummy.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Valentine's Day menu at Le Meritage. Created by chef Msrk and lived up to all the superlatives that our friends here gave it.

Was lucky enough to meet Mark a couple of days earlier, at Mardi Gras and our friends told us how good this plsce was. Booked on the strength of that recommendation and we weren't disappointed.

Food was exquisite and the wine selection with each course was exemplary. Service was attentive and efficient with a personal touch.

Not cheap, but good value and highly recommended. Treat yourself when you are next in New Orleans.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

A highly recommended restaurant by our hotel but unfortunately not so great. The appetizers were good but then I ordered a crab cake which came lukewarm. I thought it should be hot and when the waitress asked if all was o.k. I asked if it was suppose to be cold. She said no and said they would make me another one. While this was a very nice gesture, when the 2nd one came it was nearly frozen in the middle. Needless to say, I was done. A bit disappointing. I think it you are into wine pairing this could be the place. But, we are not wine drinkers. I think for all the great food in NOLA, get out of the quarter. It caters to too many tourists and doesn't necessarily focus on the best quality.

1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed November 5, 2012

LOVE the menu options of small vs. large portions. They recommend three small portions to make a meal, but definitely save room for dessert! Everything was prepared PERFECTLY prepared and incredibly delicious. Venison was the best we've ever had (should have gone for the large portion!), crab cake was incredible (and we're from MD!), beet risotto was perfect with the goat cheese. Out of the way of Bourbon street, overlooking a beautiful courtyard and fountain. Quiet and nearly empty (I don't know why!!). Could do without the vocals for the live music. PERFECT for our group of six. Loved every bite!!