“Nice Change from the French Quarter bad quality control”

Old New Orleans Rum Distillery
Ranked #6 of 51 Food & Drink in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Celebration Distillery, located in the Gentilly area of New Orleans, is the Oldest Premium Rum Distillery in US and the only in Louisiana. Tours Times:Monday-Friday at 12pm, 2pm & 4pmSaturdays at 2pm & 4pm. The cost is $10/person. Call to book complimentary transportation from the French Quarter Monday-Friday.
San Diego
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Nice Change from the French Quarter bad quality control”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The distillery is hard to find and is not walking distance from the French Quarter but was a nice change. The tour is interesting in general but the distillery itself is run down and a little dirty. You get to taste the different rums and the new Gingeroo which we loved. If you also like the Gingeroo you better buy it at the distillery. We ordered a case to be shipped to your home and when we received the case the bottles were dirty, half had no carbonation, one bottle was bad, and one bottle was cracked. It seems they sell the best Gingeroo at the distillery and ship the bad. No quality control.. I do suggest going but just buy your bottles there..

Visited February 2013
Jason C, Manager at Old New Orleans Rum Distillery, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I want to thank you for your feedback and respond to your review in order to rectify this situation.

While we are not a comfortable walking distance from the French Quarter, we do offer reservations on our complimentary shuttle to and from our distillery. I also understand that our distillery is not as polished as other tourist destinations, but we like to focus all of our energy on what goes into the bottle. I hope that you can appreciate the handmade nature of our product.

We at Old New Orleans Rum take the highest pride in our product. We would never intentionally send out a product that does not meet our high standards. I want to apologize for your shipping experience. I also want to make it right. How many bottles did you receive that had flaws? I am going to ship you replacement bottles to enjoy.

I hope that this measure will improve your opinion of our operation. Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that we can host you on your next trip to New Orleans.

spring hill, tn
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“One of the best..”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Easily one of the best things we've done in N.O! Bob was an EXCELLENT Tour guide. Sweet tea vodka while you tour and 5 samples at the end #nobrainer
Get the $2 off coupon at the French Market

Visited May 2013
1 Thank bonrek
Saint Cloud, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Yahoo for Gingeroo.”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Beware....don't try to walk here from the French Quarter. We did not know how far out it was and attempted to walk. After about a mile we flagged down a taxi, and it was at least another 3 miles or more after that....and not in the best neighborhoods. That being said...this place is worth the trip. We took the tour, which was fun because they give you a rum tea or rum punch to enjoy during your tour. It's a small operation, but we enjoyed the history. The staff was friendly and witty. The rum was delish, and the Gingeroo was my favorite. I bought 2 bottles of it but I think my boys (both over 21) drank it before I even got a glass. We also bought a bottle of spiced rum, so I guess I'd better act fast on that one.

1 Thank AnnetteT64
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Distillery Tour Good Option on Rainy Day”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

What to do when rain alters your outdoor activity plans? Vist the Old New Orleans Rum Distillery. We arranged for shuttle pick up in the French Quarter. Our affable driver turned out to also be our tour guide and general manager of the distillery, who served guest cups of sweet tea with spiced rum before the tour even began. It was great fun to see how small batches of hand-crafted rum are distilled and by the opportunity to sample the product did a nice job of taking the chill out of an otherwise stormy day.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“If you love rum, this is a must”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The tour was great and very informative. You get samples of all their rum, and it was all amazing. Transportation provided. For 10 bucks, you get free drinks and free transportation. Best deal in New Orleans, all for the price of one drink elsewhere. It's a don't miss if you're a rum lover.

1 Thank JohnCocktoastin