“Worth a visit.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I've eaten at Houston's over the years. The food is consistently good. The service is prompt, the staff friendly and eager to please. While some entree's are pricey... The experience makes it worthwhile.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We enjoyed a great meal at Houston's after Jazzfest closed down for the night. There was a short wait as we had not made reservations, but the staff was well organized and it didn't take long to be seated. Once we had a table the service was excellent. There is a broad variety of food on the menu and the server was well versed in foods to avoid for those with Celiac Disease. I ordered chicken which was perfectly prepared, moist and flavorful. My family ordered steaks which were tender and looked juicy. Everyone was well satisfied with their meals.
Houston's is a very attractive restaurant with tasteful furnishings, low lighting and comfortable seating. They had an extensive, comprehensive menu and wine list and no matter what you're looking for, they can probably accommodate you. The staff is well trained and professional...friendly, but not intrusive. It was a pleasurable dining experience.
It's a little pricy, but in all, one expects to pay for excellence and comfort.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband and I first ate here in 2005 during our first visit to New Orleans. We had to come back during our recent visit. I had the tenderloin steak and my husband had a ribeye steak. This is probably the best steak I've ever had and I have had steak at a lot of restaurants. My husband will tell you the same thing - best steak ever. The service is really great as well. If I ever get back to New Orleans I will definitely be coming back to visit this restaurant. I highly recommend trying this place out. Great food, atmosphere, and service.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stopped in here for lunch on Sunday before going to Bourbon St. It was excellent. The Oysters St Charles is a must!!!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

After arriving late on Friday in New Orleans without dinner reservations, (a no no by the way!), we wandered into Houston's,and waited at a lovely bar for 25 minutes with an excellent drink before being seated. My husband and I both had excellent dinners and very good service. I would definitely go back.

1  Thank wicnstic