“awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Italian Barrel

The Italian Barrel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Italian Barrel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 1,933 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Decatur Street
Transit: Street car stops just one block away
New Orleans, Louisiana
“awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

we went here for lunch and man was it out of this world!. started with the proscuitto salad. awesome!!!!!! then had sea bass, it was like butta, best pice of fish ive had in years, she had something I cant remember because my fish was so good i dont think I even looked at her plate.the chefs gave us a sample of the soup and a bruscetta plate on the house. definitely check them out. make a reservation because it is small and they are usually booked. Now I know why DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!

Pasadena
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was looking for a place to have dinner with friends. I did some research on the Italian Barrel because it was walking distance from our hotel. The comments were positive so I decided it was a safe bet. The Italian Barrel is small ( aka quaint). You will need to make reservations in order to get a table. The upside is that you can enjoy your dining experience without shouting over loud noise! The food was excellent and the wine selection is also impressive! We had the specials which were Chilean sea bass, and linguini with scallops. Make sure you ask the price of the specials because they that info will come in handy before you get the check! The sea bass ran about $40! Still is was an excellent choice. There are other reasonably prices entrees. I had the spinach and cheese ravioli which was about $16. My friends complimented me on selecting a great place to have a special dinner. We visit New Orleans every year and plan on returning to this restaurant.

Illinois
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Four of us ate here. I had ahi tuna salad, others had ravioli, filet and pork shank all where excellent. :) so good. Very small but great.

Chicago, Illinois
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Fun, wonderful, relaxing,fantastic!!! What a great meal. The restaurant is small (7 tables), intimate really. You'll need reservations. I'd suggest inside seating (outside tables are in front on sidewalk which is narrow). The tastes, the spicing, pastas to die for... Really I could go on and on. I love this ace and would not hesitate to eat here again.

Bogalusa, LA
“The best Italian in the city.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My friend took me to this place and now I'm hooked. The ravioli with the porcini mushrooms and truffles are the best.