Not the worst hostel in the world but not great by any stretch. Good kitchen & staff but that's about it. 2 toilets & 2 showers for all guests just isn't enough, considering one is a toilet/shower combination. My room was freezing cold which is ok if you have decent blankets but I didn't. I dropped an item on the floor which rolled under my bed, the dust & filth under there was ordinary. I know it's under the bed but it's the little things, the basics which show quality.
It's close to Walmart but it's a fair walk into the French Quarter but you can get transport on St. Charles Street.
In short, if you can afford to, stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are AAE Bourbon House Mansion and Hostel, located only 18 minutes walking to the French Quarter and famous "Bourbon Street". In the "lower Garden District" we are 5 minutes walk to the Convention Center and the only Guest House/ Hostel that provides a FREE Shuttle to and from Greyhound and Amtrack. We also have airport shuttle for as low as $15 a person. All guests, either dorm beds or deluxe private rooms get to enjoy FREE BREAKFAST, Free Internet, Free Shuttles, Free Parking and a great Guest House full of European Travelers that create an exciting environment. We welcome all ages and have private rooms for families that sleep up to 8 people available. We are the "top rated" hostel in New Orleans and there is a reason for that... because were the best choice from the traveling public viewpoint! Come stay with us and be happy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HostelWorld so you can book your AAE Bourbon House Mansion & Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aae Bourbon House Mansion Hotel New Orleans
- Aae Bourbon House Mansion And Hostel