“So cute! what a beautiful place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Storyland

Storyland
Ranked #116 of 348 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A fairy tale land populated by fantastic creatures who like nothing better than little kids!
The Woodlands, Texas
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“So cute! what a beautiful place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Its a cute little gem in Louisiana. We visited on a friday and it was not crowded. My kids 7 and 2 enjoyed every minute of their visit. The small entry fee was well worth it. I just wish there was a gift shop so I could have bought a souvenir. I think kids older than 7 might not find it very entertaining. Can spend good couple of hours here. There are shaded areas, benches and tables for picnics too.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank AmeenaS

Slidell, Louisiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Real nice place for your 7 and under age group.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Done well. you should not pass on this if you visit the amusement park when in New Orleans. City park is an enjoyable place to stroll through.

Visited December 2012
Lacombe, Louisiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Blast for the Children”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

My daughter and grandchildren came to visit since she now lives out of town. We decided to take the children (3 and 1) to Storyland. I hadn't been there since my children were small. I was very impressed at the renovations. It now requires a $3 fee per person to enter, but it was worth it. It was very clean and the storybook figures were quite nice. It was nice to think about all those storybook characters again. My grandchildren had a blast in there.
The adults, too, enjoyed watching the children have a great time..

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Carolynwb
Houston, Texas
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Great place to burn some energy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to tire the kids out before we went back to the hotel. What a great place to do it.

Not the nicest quality like Disney, but plenty of free Parking, $3 to get in, functional toilets (though not vending machines).

Lots of safe places to climb, slide and explore. The imagination can run wild, especially with a willing parent.

A good place to spend an hour or two, especially to beat the afternoon sun because there are plenty of mature trees providing shade.

We will return.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank likey2travel
Houston area
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“My 9-year-old son loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The other descriptions seem accurate, but maybe don't capture the sort of magical quality in the park. It made me feel like a kid again to wander around in here, remembering all the stories from my own childhood. We were there in June, and it was incredibly hot, but this whole park is in the shade and was quite comfortable. Watch out for the dragon slide, it goes really fast!

When we had seen everything, I asked my son if he was ready to move on to the amusement park with rides next door, where we could hear children shrieking with delight... He replied "In a minute, I want to do some more of these things first!"

How's that for high praise?

Visited June 2013