“Rude hostess”

Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro
Ranked #26 of 63 Dessert in New Orleans
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: St. Andrew
Transit: Street Car
Sydney
“Rude hostess”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

After a day at the Jazz Fest we just wanted something to eat quick and easy.
We were not dressed up as we had been to the Fest and the hostess looked at us up and down as if we couldnt afford to eat there my husband was furious at her attitude.
We ate at the bar as she said the food would come out quicker so we did..............did it come out any quicker no, and the place was not busy. We waited 45 min for our food but they were happy to to keep up with the drinks and let me point out the bar staff were fantastic.
I had the Crabstuffed Ravioli and my husband had the Creole Chicken was the meal good, not really it was average nothing outstanding, after having so many good meals in NOLA.
Would I go again as we plan to visit in the next year that would be no.
Not because of the food but the attitude of the princess at the reception counter.
We at here on the 05/04/14

1 Thank Deanne D

Chicago, Illinois
“Just OK”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

On our way to NOLA, I met a girl on the plane that lived there. We asked what her favorite restaurant was and she said Copelands. So we made it a point to go there. It was between lunch and dinner time so there were just a few of us there. Our server was very nice and talkative but that changed when it started to get busy which is understandable but she wasn't even nice anymore by the time we left. Anyhow about the food...my husband ordered the famous chicken since that's how Copeland started and I don't like dark meat, so the only item with chicken breast was the Chicken Parmesean. The waitress said it was one of her favorites and not spicy at all. Needless to say we were both very disappointed! My husband likes spicy and his chicken was nothing but! I don't like spicy and my chicken and pasta burned my mouth with spice! I was starving so I ate as much as I could which was very little. Since the server didn't check on us, I caught her on the fly and told her how spicy it was and she was suprised and seemed a angry that I said that. The only decent thing we ate was the cheesecake sampler for dessert which I can honestly say that I had better. We will not be going back if and when we come back to NOLA.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ChiTownJoJo
“Mother's Day Letdown”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I took our mothers out for dinner. The appetizers were great, but we were disappointed with a couple of the entrees; the seafood platter was awful! The seafood was fried to a literal crisp! The aftertaste was the only way to determine what was being eaten. Seriously disappointed mothers!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dana W
“Overrated”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

First of all I am a New Orleans local and I have to say this restaurant hasTerrible Service, ok food, nothing outstanding. Our food took almost two hours to come to our table, there are better places to eat in New Orleans. The menu needs to change. Is always the same. The desserts are really good, but the food not so much. The cocktails are good but not consistent, I guess it depends on the bartender. The other Copeland's retaurant are far better than this one. We came because it was storming and they offer covered valet parking.

1 Thank southerntravelbelle
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Not the experience we were expecting”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We are a family of five, native to New Orleans. We often dine out and our bill is usually around $100 more or less depending on the restaurant. Therefore because we are accustomed to spending $100 or more we have expectations. Today, Cheesecake Bistro did not meet those expectations. We waited a long time for our food to arrive. When it finally arrived, my husband's order was incorrect, more waiting. Our waitress was reluctant at getting it the way he wanted. My daughter's dessert was a disappointment and again our waitress was half-hearted at satisfying customers spending over $100. I guess this review is basically about service and satisfying customers. We were sorely disappointed and will not be returning for seconds.

1 Thank Ericka M