“About the Breakfast Buffet”
Review of 5 fifty 5

5 fifty 5
Reserve with OpenTable
5 fifty 5 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #546 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Chartres Street
Transit: Canal Streetcar Line.
Norwalk, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“About the Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Like all buffets, most stuff seemed like it had sat just a little too long and the food wasn't as warm as I would have liked it. My friends who had omelettes freshly prepared thought they were wonderful.

Visited September 2013

“Brilliant breakfast buffet, mediocre dinner.”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Breakfast buffet is excellent. Have had breakfast there every day of my trip so far. Worth every penny. However, the dinner menu is pathetically short and over priced. If you want good New Orleans food, go elsewhere for a bigger selection.

Visited August 2013
St. Louis
“Great Breakfast Buffett”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lots of options and reasonably priced. Omelet station, big variety of fruit, cheeses and other breakfast items. Jalapeno cheddar biscuits with gravy....amazing! Even more amazing were the beignets! I cannot remember my servers name but she was so sweet. Brought me out beignets warm right from the kitchen. Literally, they melted in my mouth!

Visited July 2013
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Great spot in the Marriott”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

While hotel restaurants can be hit or miss, this is a very pleasant surprise in the Marriott on Canal Street. It is kind of tucked away behind the more crowded sports pub/restaurant in the main part of the hotel. It was not crowded, but clean and attractive. And our server could not have been nicer or more attentive, and the dinners we ordered were fresh and cooked exactly as we requested.
5 Fifty 5 advertised three course summer specials that started with a watermelon/tomato and feta salad that was fantastic. The entree choices were salmon with rice, grilled chicken with vegetables and steak with potatoes. We went with the steaks, one ordered medium rare and the other well-done (don't ask); they came out just as ordered. Tender and very tasty -even the well-done one. The peach cobbler selection for dessert was also very good. Our five year old's hamburger from the children's menu was more than generous in size and was very good quality!
This was a very nice surprise. We were staying at the JW Marriott across the street, and just happened to check out the offerings in the Marriott since it was getting late and we needed someplace suitable for adult dining and a 5 year old in New Orleans. 5 fifty 5 hit the spot and at a reasonable price. We give it a 5.

Visited July 2013
Seattle
“Wonderful food at a price that can't be beat”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I dined here on my first night in NOLA. It was a little late so trying to explore the city for food was not going to happen. I opted for a 3 course meal special for $25 and I was pleasantly surprised about the everything. I had a tomato salad, steak and a warm peach cobbler with ice cream. Everything was delicious, service was top notch and the atmosphere at this restaurant is very nice. I also met the chef because after all a word of gratitude goes a long way. Definitely a very good dining experience!

• Visited June 2013