All reviews warehouse district choice hotels front desk commerce street tchoupitoulas street hotel group within walking distance french quarter great hotel national wwii museum modern hotel cochon minute walk room facing highly recommend this hotel quiet area stayed longer
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is a bit off the beaten path, and there were pros and cons to that. There is a bit of a walk to the bulk of restaurants and shopping, but it is also a very quiet area. Dropped the car off to a couple of very friendly gents, one of whom i am pretty sure was smoking marijuana. I waited outside for a few minutes for a valet to come. A short time later, a fellow arrived and was very friendly. As we chatted and he explained how the set up worked and small talk about how it was the end of their shift, i could smell a strong odor of marijuana. As we chatted, a second fellow came around the corner. It was late and no one else was around. Not ok, if that was what was happening.

Front desk staff was efficient and friendly in our interactions. I loved the vibe of the hotel, but probably wouldn’t choose it again. If we return i will look for something a bit more historical. Room was very clean and the decor was fun. Minimalist set up, lacked some space to set things. Hair dryer was missing from the room, but a trip to front desk with a request and one was delivered.

The bottom fell out when we went for breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We did this on purpose in an effort to save some time so we could get on the road more quickly. We had a several hour drive and people on the other end waiting on us. We got to the restaurant and it appeared things were a bit disjointed, but its fairly small and wasn’t too busy. It became apparent that there was only one person working and the place was getting busier. Soon two more people came to help. We asked about our food twice as we saw everyone else coming and going. We suspect she forgot to submit our order until we asked the second time, which was proven by the time on the receipt. Both of our food orders came incorrect and there is no way that the omelettes we received were three egg omelettes (maybe quail eggs). We asked for the check and a manager, as soon as the food came. We were done eating by the time he made it to the table. He did comp our meal, but in total we were in the restaurant for about an hour and fifteen minutes. Requested the car by text saying it would be there in 12 minutes. Grabbed our bags and went outside to find the car, but no valet. Valet showed, but keys were in the pocket of the other valet, who was getting a different guest’s car. This created a cascade of events that caused us to keep our friends waiting almost two hours for us. Bummer!

Nice place to stay, dont eat there! Could have gotten a much better meal, much faster even if we would have walked.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank w0rkt0travel
Taylor M, Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites New Orleans Downtown Warehouse District, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2018

Dear w0rkt0travel,

Thank you for taking the time to review out hotel. I apologize for the many misteps that happened during your stay here at the hotel. This is certainly not our norm and I know this was frustrating for you to experience. I would like to get more details in regard to your stay so that I can follow up and make the necessary changes. Please contact me directly at 504-312-4975 or at tmcinerney@cambrianeworleans.com.

Reviewed December 10, 2018

Difficult to choose best feature - perfect location, clean, unique art, New Orleans feel, people. It’s the people ... Molly, Will, Sharon, Kayla and even the valet guys. Smaller property and employees get to know you and you’ll never enter the lobby without someone on staff saying hello. With so many restaurants, just ask Will ... Lucy’s across the street and Bitter Sweet a few blocks away. Sharon masters efficient, professional and personality. Kayla is a future star with this hotel group. And Molly ... I assume she lives at Cambria. Always there, from initial reservation to checkout, consummate professional, a manger jumping in to do whatever needs to be done. Great lobby with tables for visiting with family and friends (we were on a wedding trip). Highest recommendation!

Room tip: Really does not matter - 132 rooms total.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Taylor M, Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites New Orleans Downtown Warehouse District, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2018

Dear Visionmarketing225,

Thank you for the excellent review! I will be sharing your amazing comments with Molly, Will, Sharon and Kayla. I know they will be delighted to hear from you. We hope to see you again on your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed December 9, 2018

After deciding to visit New Orleans to see The National WWII Museum, I wanted to find a great hotel within walking distance of the museum. I turned, as always, to TripAdvisor and its knowledgeable, and valuable user community.

Another big win for me and for TripAdvisor! The Cambria Hotel & Suites was everything I could hope for ... reasonably priced, beautiful, large room, tremendous customer service, a great breakfast, and some nice conversation one evening at the bar.

The experience started out great from the moment I caught the 'Airport Shuttle' to the hotel. The 'Airport Shuttle' was fine, good value, although the van itself was fairly tight with lots of passengers. Great service though - I was dropped off right in front of the Cambria, and walked in to the spacious lobby, promptly greeted at the front desk by Blaine - extremely friendly and welcoming. Blaine offered suggestions for dinner, and also provided a very nice map of the area. Great guy.

I asked for a quiet room away from the street noise and elevators - Blaine obliged. Great room - spacious, comfortable bed, spacious, modern bathroom ... couldn't be better. I believe the hotel itself is just about a year old ... everything is nice and fresh. Great shampoo, conditioner, soaps .. everything you'd expect. The only downside I experienced was a bit of a heavy-footed person above my room. Once I fell asleep, it was a non-issue.

Breakfast in the morning was great as well. Ordered a couple eggs over easy, toast, juice, coffee, fruit ... and an extremely helpful waiter - Elmer. Very courteous and friendly. Breakfast was promptly served and very fairly priced.

After my very full day at the WWII Museum, I stopped by the bar for a glass of wine ... great bartender, Anthony. Very personable. Nice friendly chat with other patrons as well.

Breakfast the following morning? Same as the day before - delicious!

Following my second day at the WWII Museum, I returned to the Cambria to pick up my bag and await pickup by the Airport Shuttle to return to MSY.

It was a great trip - too short - can't say enough about the tremendous experience at the Cambria. I'll be back!

Date of stay: November 2018
Taylor M, Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites New Orleans Downtown Warehouse District, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

Dear JustinThymeTravel,

Thank you for the excellent review! I will be sharing your kind words with Blaine and Anthony. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed December 9, 2018

This was a really nice place to stay. The rooms were very clean and had a modern feel to them. Really great decor. The front desk and restaurant staff were friendly. The location was convenient for the convention center and not a far walk to the French Quarter.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Chandakka,

Thank you for the excellent review! We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

I shared a room with friends for the Rodan + Fields convention which was a few blocks away. The accommodations were perfect and Will at the front desk went above and beyond the call of duty to meet our needs! Thank you!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Taylor M, Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites New Orleans Downtown Warehouse District, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2018

Dear Ayelet M,

Thank you for the excellent review! We hope to see again on your next visit to New Orleans.