1,126 results
All reviewsemeril's delmonicofrench quarterpool and hot tubtrolley linemardi grasyogurtwwii museuman older hotelvalet parkinglocation was perfectcourtyardnolacharmcruise
Reviewed April 2, 2015

This hotel is close to the French Quarter. It is beautiful architecture, super quiet, lots of greenery to be calming, a great pool, a night guard walking rounds for security, a number of convenient and pretty places to sit, elevators for convenience. The breakfast is wonderful: all the regular muffins and waffles; plus fruit; and most important, plenty of proteins - the eggs were different every day with hard boiled eggs as a back up. The streetcar stop is across the street. There are wonderful restaurants and taverns within easy walking distance. This is one of the very best and most charming Choice Hotels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the third floor of the building nearest the lobby. They were quiet, comfortable and overlooked part of thecourtyard.
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank Meredith U
maison13, Guest Relations Manager at Maison St. Charles by Hotel RL, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words about our property and location. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town

Reviewed April 1, 2015

This hotel is in a great location, has New Orleans charm, good people working there, nice grounds, decent breakfast, nice pool area and comfortable rooms. One negative--the rooms LOOK clean, but are not vacuumed daily and bathroom area given a "lick and a promise" daily. Don't walk barefooted on the dark carpet. It's hiding dirt. Felt like the vanity was wiped with a soiled rag. Coffee pot was never looked at--had to dump it myself. Housekeeping needs some looking at!!

Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sogwap
maison13, Guest Relations Manager at Maison St. Charles by Hotel RL, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in our housekeeping deaprtment. Your comments are a great tool for ongoing training in each department. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed March 30, 2015

We stayed here on our travel agents recommendation. She advised us that it was close to the quarter and only a two minute walk, it wasn't. The hotel made us feel very unsafe, it is not a neighborhood I wanted to spend any time in. There were no lifts and we had to carry our suitcases up two flights of stairs. Once in the hotel room we read a sheet of paper which told us to be very wary of people around the hotel, not to open our door if someone was to knock and to ring reception and verify that it was hotel staff before opening. I was also advised by one hotel staff member not to carry my phone in my hand as I walk around as someone would come past and grab it. Definitely regret staying here, it put a whole damper on New Orleans. The only highlight was the buffet breakfast that was provided.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Stephanie V
maison13, Guest Relations Manager at Maison St. Charles by Hotel RL, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed March 23, 2015

For the most part, this hotel answered our needs. The location was convenient, and the trolley right outside the door was a big plus. The breakfast sustained us until we could go elsewhere. My husband and I are senior citizens, so the fact that our suite was on the second floor without an elevator was a big disappointment and a hardship. We asked for a change of room, but they were unable to accommodate us. I would stay here again if I was guaranteed a building with an elevator.

Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bevhlsgal
maison13, Guest Relations Manager at Maison St. Charles by Hotel RL, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.Some of our property is over 183 years of age and the historicle buildings while having alot of charm lack elevators. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed March 22, 2015 via mobile

Didn't think it was going to anything special but the lobby is beautiful and there is New Orleans charm everywhere. Very helpful staff and free breakfast and wifi. About 1 mile from the French district and totally walkable although there are street cars near. Really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: March 2015
2  Thank theresa h

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.