“Terrible!”

Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites
Ranked #122 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had 3 nights in this hotel, it was dreadful. The front dest staff were rude and unhelpful, the rooms were not brilliant, and we had to change rooms because of an awful smell, which other reviews had mentioned. The room we stayed in was better and over the back of the hotel, the ice maker machine was outside the door and dispenses ice every 15 minutes - LOUDLY!!!
Glad i wasnt staying for long!

Room Tip: The older wooden rooms seem to have a damp smell about them, ask for a room behind the pool and cour...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah F
Bret C, Manager at Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior customer service and experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just before our stay here I checked the most recent trip advisor reviews. I was honestly worried we had made the wrong choice because all the people kept saying how bad the hotel is and they don't know why people had given it high ratings.

Check in was quite a long and frustrating process for us, there was an obnoxious English tour group who arrived just before us. It took us over half an hour to check into our rooms because one obnoxious lady kept coming back insisting on changing her room because A) too small B) it smells c) far away from her friends room d) not as nice as the previous room, but the previous room wouldn't suit her????????????!!!!! I wish that front desk staff said to the lady that there is a line of people waiting to check in and if she has an issue to join the end of the line. As it was SOO frustrating having her come back and but in front of people in the line.
By the time we got to our room I was really dreading our stay. Only to find our room completely fine! There was NOTHING wrong with it!! No smell, no dirt and quite a decent size room.

The cable car stop is right outside the hotel and would take you right into the downtown area. The cable car was often crowded though. There is a Popeyes and Wendys right next to the hotel and also a hotel restaurant that we didn't eat at. Breakfast at the hotel was very nice, we loved the waffle machine and found staff to be very friendly in here and helpful.
There is also security at the hotel, which is great, they have gates which are quite high and they shut these gates at night so no one can get in to the area. Front desk staff were also quite helpful in giving directions, recommending tours and getting us taxi's.

Overall, I thought this was a great hotel for our stay. I don't see myself coming back to New Orleans again- just wasn't for me. But if I ever do, or know someone that is coming here I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sl1910
Bret C, Front Office Manager at Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2015

Thank You! We appreciate you taking the time to offer your thoughts with us. We are glad you were able to enjoy what we have to offer on our historical property. We do apologize you encountered an issue with the time spent checking in. We hope you’ll give us another chance to demonstrate everything we have to offer, as well as, the renovations we have made.
Thank You Again!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in April 2013 for two nights. The location is great, just next to the streetcar stop. The rooms are comfortable but the bed sheets were not clean unfortunately. They offer breakfast with some variety but all utensils they use was plastic and on the cheapest side, which makes a really bad impression. The common areas are well maintained and the staff is ok. The attendant at the breakfast room was particularly petulant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at the hotel. I have passed along your comments to our management staff to ensure we correct the issues you had. We do hope you will give us a second opportunity to WOW you! Thanks again!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

For a Quality Inn, this place ranks among one of the best. Rooms are large and so is the vanity area. Room had a mini fridge and microwave. The complimentary breakfast was substantial... Coffee, juices, breads, cereals, eggs, waffles, etc. the grounds are well maintained and staff very friendly. I needed extra towels twice, and they arrived faster than any 5-star hotel! It is very easy to take the trolly to the French Quarter, or the Garden District. We walked to the Saints game and it only took about 20 minutes. Bathrooms could use some updating for sure. Beds were comfortable! Great stay!

Room Tip: We liked the view of the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nboutot

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave us feedback. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and are glad that we have done so!

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights on a golf trip. The hotel is located right on St. Charles beside the Erato street car stop. We walked to the French quarter, New Orleans arena and superdome all in about 25 mins. Hotel has the usual choice hotels breakfast with a somewhat grumpy attendant. Rooms were fine but could be a bit cleaner. Hot tub was great and pool is fine but heated. There was no safe in our rooms but there were proper bank style small safety deposit boxes in the lobby with very good security. Lots of bars restaurants nearby. Although they have a paid parking lot you can park on the Thalia (a side street) as there are no meters. You just go through main entrance to hotel and exit to the west. It's a one way street and we always found a place to park. Close to WWII museum amongst others. Would strongly recommend unless you need first class accommodation.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matthew922

Thank you for taking time to leave us your feedback. I have passed along your comments to our management staff to correct the issues you encountered. We are glad that overall, you had a good stay. We do hope that you will come back to visit us when in New Orleans. Thanks again!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The courtyard was beautifully manicured, the rooms well cleaned daily and free breakfast complete with eggs, sausage and waffles. We stayed 4 nights and took 5 rooms. We loved it there!!! Pool! Hot tub needs railing

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MonthlyTraveler31169

We are excited that you had a great experience while at the Maison St. Charles! Thank you for taking the time to leave us comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here October 26th and 27th for a little NOLA nightlife and a little Who Dat time.

I look at a few things when I stay in a hotel. One, is it safe-yes it was. And what I liked is they had two security guards on grounds. Two, they looked the two gates to the parking lots and hotel up.

Two, was it clean, our room was very clean from what I could see.

Three, was the bed comfortable. It was and I slept well.

Four , was it loud, meaning can I sleep. Yep again no issues.

The only issue was the hot water, which as I found out later I did not understand how to turn in the hot water later my wife showed me. You have to remember I just spent a long night on bourbon street in the quarter, so figuring out things at that point was a little iffy.

It was a great stay. The court yard was nice. I liked the landscaping, and Btw I own a landscaping company so I know what is good or not.

The breakfast was good and needed. I do wish they had turkey sausage links.

Again great stay, fun, and my saints won! Who Dat!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Southbay22

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you the next time you are in New Orleans! Who Dat!