“Better than I expected”

Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites
Ranked #119 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I attended a workshop, based at the hotel, and was not anticipating such a nice environment. I was informed that the hotel, which is set up as a cluster of 2-3 story buildings , was originally an old plantation. Each cluster has their own landscape. To look at the front, no one would know the hidden environment would be so peaceful and pleasant. The entire staff were very nice and helpful when you had a problem. Security was very good.. Continental breakfast was served daily, which was slightly better than average regarding selection of foods. I found the stay to be very pleasant. Each room has a refrigerator, and microwave, as well as a coffee maker. Also, it is on St.Charles, and conveniently located for the streetcar, which comes every 15 minutes, and terminates at Bourbon street downtown ( a 10-15minute ride). No room service.

Room Tip: Stay by the pool. Convenient for parking the car, as well as unloading/loading bags.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank denny44526
Bret C, Manager at Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments! We are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope that you will be back to visit next time you are in New Orleans!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We did a Groupon to this hotel. We were supposed to have a regular room but were upgraded to a suite....it was on 2nd floor with no elevator.

The bathroom had not been cleaned, urine on toilet, towels on back of door and shampoo (I think) in the shower upon arrival. Called front desk, they sent someone up to clean...they didn't knock on door, just ran in room, into bathroom and make a quick cleanup.Luckily we were only there one night and standing for a shower and had Clorox wipes in our bag. Also, found out when it got dark...the bulb was out in the lamp and the chandelier had only about 4 of the 12 bulbs working. Upon Checkout, I recommended they check this room out a little better.

It was a convenient location to get on the trolley and pay a few dollar to the French Quarter and back. Emeril's Delmonico's is across the street. The bed was SUPER comfy...but after bathroom, I checked sheets thoroughly and all seemed well.

Good location to be able to save money and have access to everything.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking, taking stairs, etc...this is not the place for you. The rooms are fa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cassidy C
Bret C, Front Office Manager at Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2015

Thank You! We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your thoughts. We are very sorry your stay was not favorable. We will work with the Housekeeping Department on better inspections of the rooms. We hope you’ll give us another chance to demonstrate everything we have to offer, as well as, the renovations we have made.
Thank You Again!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights ago, following a 7 day cruise. The staff are friendly and very helpful, the rooms are clean and elegant, the pictures are right!
You are right on St Charles Ave, right on the trolley route!!
great bedding, They had an outdoor area for sitting under beautiful trees,
also a breakfast room! nice clean pool! Nice!!!!

make reservations early as they do sell out!

Room Tip: We loved the first floor. We did not eat in the adjacent restaurant.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy W
Bret C, Manager at Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

We were so excited to read your comments and happy that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking time to leave feedback for us. We sincerely appreciate it! We hope to see you the next time you are in the Big Easy!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

A friend and I stayed at this hotel Oct. 17 to 21, 2013. The front desk person was friendly welcoming and very helpful. The Room was a 2 queen room, it was large and clean had a small fridge, flat screen HD TV, coffee maker etc. The room was clean as well as the bath room there were plenty of towels. The house keeping staff kept the room that way through out our stay . The grounds are nice Court Yard type hotel like a lot of hotels in New Orleans, with sitting areas through out the court yards, fountains and landscaped well. There was a pool and jacuzzi also through we didn't use them and a roaming security guard I guess do to the many ways you can enter the property. I have stayed in this area at other hotels and the area is no more dangerous than any area in any big city in the USA. There are people who speak badly of New Orleans But I have Been Here Many Times an Not once have i had a problem it is a Great City with Wonderful People and i am sure after one visit you will love it as much as I do. The street car stop is just across the street and goes to Canal st. just across from the famous Bourbon St. . So I recommend this hotel It is not the Ritz, but if you are looking for a nice clean friendly hotel at a great price this is the one

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank miktraveler
Bret C, Manager at Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback! We are excited to hear that you were provided with great customer service along with clean and comfortable accommodations! That is our number one priority! The city of New Orleans is unlike any other and we are proud to call it home. We are glad that you appreciate the city as much as we do and hope to see you the next time you are visiting!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Out of the three rooms that we booked, only one had use of a safe. This had been tampered with and therefore unusable. So we asked at Reception to store our passports in the safety deposit boxes behind there. They had no safe boxes available. We where advised to leave our belongings in a covered box, placed under the desk at Reception, out of view of the public but manned by STAFF. It was also in the direct line of the camera. So we did. Upon check out and arrival at the airport we discovered that the zipped wallet, that we'd put in the box with passports in, had been opened and the British money that was in there had been taken. Our own fault really for trusting the staff

Room Tip: Get one with a working safe!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Bret C, Manager at Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2015

Dear Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about our hotel. I cannot express how sorry I am for this breach of trust between you and our staff. It is truly sickening. I wanted to inform you that we do have more safes on our property and also a safety deposit box behind the desk for our guest items that requires two keys to open and one would be on your person. We are improving everyday to make sure every guest has the best experience. Once again thank you for your thoughts and know that they have not fallen on deaf ears.

Maison St Charles Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Easy walk to the Museum, Lee Circle and several restaurants. Good parking.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. Room and bath is clean. Bed is comfortable
with good pillows. The hotel is over all clean but is showing wear. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is group of old restored homes with some new additions. We stayed in one of the newer sect...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chiquapin

Thank you for giving us feedback on our hotel! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and were provided with great customer service and a clean and comfortable room. Please visit us again after the first of the year as we will soon be completing renovations to our bathrooms and also painting the buildings!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

At first I didn't think the hotel was bad at all but the longer I stayed and was able to look around I saw that the hotel could have really used some repair work. The courtyard was charming but some of the plants looked as if they needed insecticide applied.

The one thing that really annoyed me was the hotel allowed a film crew on the grounds for 14 hrs. and the guests were expected to be quiet during this time. There was never any advance notice of the film crew. I found out just by looking at my room window after I heard metal chairs scraping on the hardscape at 7 a.m. When I inquired later in the evening at the front desk I was told the filming was spur of the moment. Aren't there contracts that need to be signed? The front desk help acted as if they were annoyed with me for inquiring.

If the owner of this hotel would just have some minor repairs made and employees at the front desk who really care it could be very nice.

I would give it 2.5 stars if that were possible.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Annie,

Thank you for writing this review about your experience at our hotel. For further analysis your words are greatly appreciated here at the Maison. I wanted to sincerely apologize for the time you had at our hotel. I am shocked to read this review and hear how you were treated by the staff here. I wanted to know that we have been working diligently on repairs and renovations to the property to make a more pleasurable experience for all of our guest. Also the film crew on our site without any alert for the guest is a communication failure on our part and again I am sorry. Again I whole-heartily thank you for your review and I want you to know that we have made leaps and bounds with our property and our service. I would love if you come to visit our great city again that you visit us and give us a second change and a great location.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Historic Streetcar Inn
#139 of 167 in New Orleans
Central Business District
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter

Been to Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!