“Great service”

Ranked #60 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Spring, Texas
“Great service”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

When we arrived the valet Malik was exceptional. Helped us with bags knowledge of the area and overall made our trip. He gave us great places to eat snagged us a cab was very inviting for the two days we stayed at the W. People like Malik in the industry will go far in the company. I hope the hotel will see what we saw. Thx again

• Stayed December 2013
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hello Jonboy2683,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I will pass along your kind comments to our staff. They will be so please to hear of your compliments and praises! We look forward to welcoming you back to W French Quarter.
James Wroblewski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Staten Island
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I used SPG points so price was not an issue. The location is great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The common areas and room were clean and decorated in the funky style one associates with the W brand. There is a very good restaurant, SoBou located in the hotel.The outside patio/pool area is beautiful and I look forward to visiting during warmer weather so we can put them to good use.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello KeithStatenIsland,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you got to try SoBou! Even if we're a little biased, it's great. I hope you will return when the temperatures are a little warmer so you can relax and enjoy the courtyard, sundeck and WET. Thank you for your review!
Richmond, Indiana
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family arrived December December 23 and stayed until December 26th. The rooms were ready, clean, but trash was not emptied , although they did offer compensation whe we checked out on Thursday. All in all considering it was Christmas andalot of tourists, the service was good,and the food was very good in the hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: I would say to ask for corner room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hello Jacqueline J,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent holiday vacation! I'm happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and telling us about your stay. I hope you had a great Christmas in New Orleans!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Spent a long weekend in New Orleans for a football game using SPG points. The hotel is in a great location. The room was newly renovated. I can't say I love the decor inside, but it is nice. The rooms are classic W - small and funky. The staff was friendly and helpful. Bar was good as was the food. Nice little pool and courtyard. If you don't like funky, this is not the hotel for you.

Room Tip: There are two W hotels in New Orleans. The W French Quarter is much nicer.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello David S,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate your TripAdvisor review! We hope to see you again soon upon your return to the Big Easy! I hope you enjoyed your trip.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I have been to New Orleans many times, but this was the first time we stayed at a W. We were extremely disappointed for a number of reasons. We initially decided on the W (after considering the Ritz and the Hotel Roosevelt) for the location. The location was great, but for the price, it was nowhere near the caliber of hotel as the other two we considered and stayed at. On Christmas morning the hotel restaurant closed during brunch. Although highly unusual for a hotel restaurant serving out of town guests, the hotel did not have alternate to help their guests (the Ritz was open thank goodness). We did not have maid service on Christmas Day nor did the in-room movie system work (at least after an hour of working with engineering, but 9p it worked). On the last day, the hotel did not have courtesy umbrellas (unlike other boutique/high-end hotels), but they offered us the one in the mini-bar for $14. Seems like if they ran out of umbrellas (we only wanted one), we would not be asked to pay. To add insult to injury, the umbrella said "the W has you covered". Yea, for $14+ they have you covered. Lastly, I can go to McDonald's or Starbucks and get free Wifi (understanding one can not stream videos), but we have to pay $14+ per day at a hotel that is over $300/night? The W has A LOT to learn about good customer service at this price bracket. When one pays that much for a hotel, they should not be nickel and dimed.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard room, which was pretty quiet. The street in general is pretty quiet though so I i...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank alison B
Hello alison B,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay. Thank you for bringing these concerns to my attention. We appreciate your feedback and value all of our guests opinions. Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights right before New Year's. When we arrived (after 5) our room was not ready. The front office staff (Stacy and Jermaine) were really friendly and helpful, giving us some perks because we had to wait (and maybe because we are SPG members). They explained to us that Starwood Preferred Guests are allowed to have late checkouts, which apparently everybody took advantage of, so turning around the rooms to be ready by late afternoon was basically impossible. As we had been in the car for 10 hours and weren't on any schedule, we accepted our free drinks and waited in the lovely bar area. Before we were halfway through our drinks, our room was ready! The room itself was nice and comfortable. Our housekeeping ladies (on the 3rd floor) were so friendly and funny and did service our room when expected. The location of the hotel is excellent. We were in the midst of the French Quarter, but far enough away from the Bourbon Street craziness. Our room was really quiet at night (except for the people next door who didn't know how to open or close their door without sounding like they were breaking in!! - not the hotel's fault)

Like other reviewers, charges that were not ours ended up on the bill that was emailed to us after we left. My husband emailed and they were removed. It does seem strange that this keeps happening...

Overall, we had a nice stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello grm57,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apology for the wait when checking in. I hope you were taken care of and enjoyed your cocktails. Thank you for your review of our property! We hope to see you again soon and look forward to welcoming you back to W French Quarter.
Simsbury, CT
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights between Christmas and New Years. Great location, pretty courtyard, good hotel restaurant, and relatively nice rooms by dark W standards and that's about it for positives.

Negatives began at check-in where the two associates were trading our room back and forth. It was very clear that we were about to be upgraded (I'm SPG platinum) but the other associate said he needed the room for someone else. I understand capacity issues, but the infuriating part was that our associate had the gaul to say he was not giving away our upgraded room, but instead protecting it for us. We can understand english, but nice try. Of course the room we got was in no way an upgrade, but whatever and I didn't feel like getting into an argument upon arrival.

The biggest issue we ran into was just a disgraceful attempt at housekeeping. They never came to make up the room after the first night so I complained. We come back the second night and no housekeeping again! Mind you we have run out of toilet paper, tissues, etc and had to call the manager to get someone to come to the room. Of course when they do get around to making up the room they leave a minimum accessories which we run out of in 6 hours only to replaced by minimum accessories a day later. Also they took our bath robes and never replaced them. In short, we spent 5 days rationing toilet paper wondering if housekeeping would show up.

Would not stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LA3Pete
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hello LA3Pete,
I'm sorry to hear you encountered some difficulties with check-in and housekeeping during your recent stay at W French Quarter. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I will pass along your comments to my staff and ensure that improvements are made. Please accept my apology for our service not being up to standards. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.