W New Orleans - French Quarter
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$238
$199
  • Breakfast included
$384
$328
Waldorf.com
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
$367
$319
$385
$299
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$272
$250
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$363
$287
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$394
$332
$265
Agoda.com
1,069 results
All reviewsfront deskfrench quarterfabulous roombourbon streetbottle of champagnebeautiful courtyardboutique hotelsmall poolquiet streetjackson squareearly checkthe location is perfectsouthern hospitalityfew blocksmardi grasquentinelijah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the last 6 months.. you can't ask for a better location, and the decor is the perfect mix of old world charm and modern chic that's leagues above the typical minimalistic, cool but non-descript W decor. We were upgraded to a "Spectacular" room on the top floor, which had a bit more space than the lower floor rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful, though Housekeeping can be a little un-organized (we had a late check out, which the front desk was aware of, but housekeeping knocked on our door on 4 separate occasions within 2 hours asking when we were checking out?!). The rooms were not as nice as the rest of the hotel (weird mustard colored walls and very small bathroom w little counter space) but overall, this is the nicest hotel option in New Orleans if you want to stay within the French Quarter section. Even if you do not stay here, I highly recommend their restaurant, Sobou.... food and drinks are amazing... as is the decor and hip vibe!

Room Tip: The rooms are all pretty much the same as far as layout (aside from Suites). There's very little difference between a Spectacular room and a Wonderful room, but the higher floor Spectacular rooms have a bit more space.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Hello Eclin,
I'm so happy to hear you had a great recent stay at W French Quarter! I really appreciate you taking the time to post a review for us. I'm glad you were able to enjoy SoBou while you were here! It's fantastic. We can't wait to have you back and look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I am a Starwood Platinum member with over 90 stays this year and I booked a room using points at the last minute to see Panthers at the Saints. I was upgraded to an awesome studio suite with a private courtyard and hot tub. Room was very cool. Only complaint I would have had was internet was useless. I was able to connect briefly but it kept disconnecting so I gave up. I had stayed at this property twice before and had standard rooms. This isn't my favorite Starwood location in New Orleans but the suite I was upgraded to really changed my perception of this hotel. I still prefer the Westin or the Four Points on Bourbon for the money but the location at the W is great. As I was flying back on the plane I was bored and surfing the internet and came across the reviews here. I saw where many people had complained about their bill being incorrect so I actually opened the email I was sent with my final bill. I had not opened it earlier because I knew I used points and did not charge anything to the room. And oddly enough I was billed for my room reservation along with a $5 charge for a coke. I called today and had the charges removed, the only explanation was that I should not have been charged anything and was forwarded to accounting. Also, I find it very bizarre that so many people posted about having to split a taxi to the airport. I have been in New Orleans over 20 times the past two years and this has never happened to me before but of course it happened to me this time. I am starting to wonder if a taxi driver and valet have a little hustle going where they can make a few extra bucks by getting 3 or 4 people to pay for one trip to the airport. (standard taxi rate in New Orleans for French Quarter to airport is $33) I did not feel like I was scammed while taking the taxi but now after reading all of these posts I think it can't be a coincidence. I hardly ever post a review and I absolutely love Starwood but I would certainly double check your bill after staying here. If these "accounting" errors keep happening then someone may need to notify BBB. As long as you don't get overbilled or told you need to split a taxi because "there is a wreck on the interstate and no taxis can make it in from the airport" then this is a great location to get a real taste of how awesome New Orleans is, however I think the Four Points on Bourbon will give you the same experience at half the price. (Just a little noisier)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
whotelsnola, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Hello Johnplatinum -

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood as well as your business at W French Quarter. I'm glad that you were able to connect with our Finance team to handle the incorrect charges on your bill and do apologize for the inconvenience. I'm addressing your concerns with our teams internally regarding the incorrect billing and the taxi to make sure this is not the case. If there's anything else that we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact us at wfqcservice@whotels.com. We hope that we can welcome you back to W French Quarter soon to show you a flawless experience.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Amazing location, beautiful courtyard - typical W - with coaches, fire pits, etc...very nice rooms - small - older hotel so walls are not the most sound proof however it is very much manageable. Food was delicious.....service was great...little wait checkin. Valet is extremely convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacques A

Hello Jacques A,
Thank you for your compliments on your recent stay at W French Quarter! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us. I hope you had a great time in the city during your visit, and we look forward to seeing you again upon your return to New Orleans!
Warm regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself was beautiful, clean, and perfectly located. The valet staff was friendly and helpful. The staff at the check-in counter was a different story.

I have stayed at many W and Aloft Hotels across the county, and this was by far my worst experience. Not only did someone (at the hotel or SPG) cancel my reservation for an unknown reason, but I was treated terribly by the W desk staff when trying to get the situation sorted out. It was extremely embarrassing to sit in the lobby, with all of my luggage, tired from travelling, and then to be told that I (not them) needed to contact SPG (starwood preferrd guests) services to straighten out the matter. I did do this – on my own cell phone – and was able to correct the issues with the gracious help of the SPG staff. However, even after resolving the matter on the phone, the woman at the desk continued to treat me unfavorably.

At the restaurant, SoBou, the food was amazing (minus the gumbo – which was basically inedible) however, back to my chief problem with this hotel, the service in the restaurant was a nightmare. It was not busy and I noticed other guests receiving excellent service. I guess we were just unlucky in that respect, with the particular server we had that evening.

My last complaint, is that I unfortunately left a new pair of lulu lemon yoga pants ($150) in the room. I realize this is my own fault and I do not blame the hotel – but I called the hotel within 12 hours of my stay – and then again the next day - to see if anyone had turned them in. Considering the quality of this particular establishment, I was very surprised that no one bothered to turn these into the lost-and-found or security. I have left behind items at lesser quality hotels and the items were found and sent back to me.
Overall, the hotel is worth staying in, as long as you don’t mind the possibility of being treated like crap by the service professionals. I will not be back to this location.

• Stayed: November 2013
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Hello jmgoose,
I'm sorry to hear you experienced some problems while staying with us at W French Quarter recently. Please accept my apology for the quality of service you received upon check-in and during your stay. If you'd like to follow up with me via email, I will be happy to look further into the matter to determine why your reservation was cancelled. Please email me at wfqcservice@whotels.com. Again, I apologize for the way in which the matter was handled, and I will ensure that it never happens again.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We were so disappointed with the W. We had the highest grade room under a suite and it was awful. The bathroom was so small with no storage that I could not keep any of my cosmetics or hair things in there. You were provided one small bedside drawer so again we could not unpack. The room, hallway and elevator smelled of mold and mildew. We asked for a better room but they were booked so we switched hotels. Typically this hotel brand is nice but this particular one I would not recommend!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Hello Beckyyager,
Please accept my apology on behalf of our team. I am very disappointed to hear you relocated during your visit. I will address these concerns with our team, and I also encourage you to reach out to us at wfqcservice@whotels.com to further discuss your most recent stay.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.